Nursing | San Ramon, CA | Full Time
CVHCare, a leader in Home Health Clinical Services, headquartered in beautiful San Ramon, CA, is currently seeking a Clinical Trainer/ RN to join our San Ramon, CA office. This is a great opportunity to join an established leader in the California home health industry. We deliver Compassionate Visionary Health Care, where passion and team spirit are nurtured and rewarded.
About the position:
The Clinical Competency Evaluator/ RN is responsible for providing ongoing support and knowledge through competency assessment and skills testing of clinical field staff including RNs, LVNs, PTs, PTAs, OTs, COTAs, CHHAs etc. The overall goal of the Clinical Competency Evaluator/ RN is to assess and improve the clinical skills of staff and thereby enhance the quality of patient management and satisfaction, to promote continuity of care and cost effectiveness. May also perform direct nursing services to patients as needed, ensuring adherence to Joint Commission standards and related policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Accurately evaluate the skills and competencies (i.e. wound care, foley, venipuncture, staple removal, ostomy etc) of clinical field staff using the format prescribed by the Company and federal and state regulatory bodies.
- Use a variety of strategies to assess learning needs and evaluate competencies in classroom, laboratory and clinical settings.
- Performs routine tracers and check offs (joint home visits) with field personnel to assess performance on a variety of pre-determined metrics; coach individual personnel as appropriate.
- Evaluates outcomes of the competency assessment programs and utilizes findings for continued improvement. Incorporates objective assessment of classroom and clinical performance into evidence-based evaluation framework.
- Develops enhanced education/training tools in collaboration with clinical training and operations teams.
- Help clinical staff identify learning needs, strengths and limitations
- Assist with audits and reviews from outside agencies, such as California Department of Public Health (CDPH), Kaiser Permanente (KP), and The Joint Commission.
- Reviews and evaluates each case, by reviewing the services provided by all disciplines through on-going case conferences, record review and contact with MD. Conduct concurrent medical record review using specific indicators and criteria as approved by Compliance, The Joint Commission, CMS, and other regulatory agencies.
- Provide guidance to clinicians to promote more effective delivery of quality home care services and is available at all times during operating hours to assist clinicians over the phone, as appropriate.
- Facilitates case conference meetings with multi-disciplinary clinical team to coordinate patient care.
- Collaborate with the Agency to share clinician performance data and drive continuous improvement.
- Continually evaluate processes, tools and workflows to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Conducts quarterly record reviews and communicates findings and recommendations to Patient Care Coordinator and appropriate organization personnel.
- Recommend in-service and continuing education programs.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
- Promotes exceptional customer service to all organization personnel.
- Performs other duties and activities as delegated by Supervisor.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) from a school of professional nursing approved by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) or accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). Currently licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of California by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN). Maintains a current BLS (basic life support) for Healthcare Providers CPR / AED (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation / automated external defibrillator) certification. Encouraged to be certified in ACLS (advanced cardiovascular life support) as well.
- Registered Nurse with at least one (1) year of professional nursing experience.
- Public Health Nurse (PHN) license highly desirable, but not required.
- Possess excellent screening, interviewing and clinical assessment skills.
- Experience working within a teaching / training environment.
- Knowledge of home health regulatory environment; Federal Conditions of Participation and California Home Health Licensure regulations.
- Working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid and other reimbursement sources for homecare.
- Experience in Outcome Assessment Information Set (OASIS), orientation and education and Outcome Based Quality Improvement (OBQI).
- Sufficient computer skills to operate and complete documentation in a timely manner on an Electronic Medical Record.
- Sufficient knowledge of Medicare regulations to be knowledgeable and able to perform an OASIS assessment.
- Sufficient knowledge of home health care operations, self-directed, to be able to work, visit patients and follow Agency procedures with minimal supervision.
- Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently. Able to case manage and coordinate care with other clinicians.
- Able to communicate clinical observations to field staff and supervisors.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate activities, evaluate data and establish priorities.
- Ongoing commitment to develop and maintain competence in the role.
- Current valid Driver’s License and means of transportation to visit patients at home. Also current auto registration and auto insurance for the vehicle being used. Auto insurance must be in accordance with state and organization requirements.
Who We Are: CVHCare is you!
Our outstanding clinicians and staff make CVHCare the outstanding company it is today. Our ardent commitment to delivering excellence in patient care is fully ingrained in our company culture, and this starts with our employees. With exceptional skills, passionate dedication, and outstanding values, we've become a thriving home health provider throughout the state of California.
CVHCare is Compassionate, Visionary Health Care. We believe in sharing skills, knowledge and resources to develop and support the growth of our teams.