Clinical Nurse Manager (RN) - Burbank Agency
Operations | Burbank, CA | Full Time
CVHCare is seeking a Clinical Manager to support our Burbank Agency with the oversight of clinical planning, coordination, and management of a multidisciplinary team of field clinicians. This position primarily functions from our Burbank office, but will also require clinical skills which will allow for supervisory visits, advanced skills training and competency validation of existing field clinicians.
Position Summary: The role of Clinical Manager will be to provide direct oversight of clinical planning, coordination and management of a multidisciplinary field team; to include Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses, Licensed Clinical Social Workers and Certified Home Health Aides; ensuring that skilled patient care is provided consistently, the highest home health standards are upheld, and services are delivered in the most efficient and respectful manner. The Clinical Manager is liaison between Agency Management and the patients of CVHCare, referral sources and primary care practitioners.
- Works in partnership with clinical and administrative personnel throughout all CVHCare divisions.
- Collect and assess information regarding patients’ status throughout episode and make recommend as to which patients will continue to receive care through CVH and/or which will be discharged.
- Follow established Medicare guideline and company protocols when making determinations to discontinue treatment: i.e. unmet face-to-face encounter requirements, absence of a PCP to direct home health care.
- Oversee the submission and follow-up of verbal orders, supplemental orders, additional visits, new evaluations and additional disciplines, via PCP.
- Clinical Manager will review the plan of care for all patients.
- Generate 485 within 5 days of SOC visit. Partner with admitting clinician and other personnel to facilitate the completion of 485. Sign the plan of care and record other clinical personnel who reviewed it. Once completed, 485 is forwarded to PCP for signature.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of Scheduler, Field Clinician and other administrative office personnel, including reviewing work performance, motivating subordinates to work more effectively, identifying problems with performance and developing solutions to those problems, determining training needs to improve performance, initiating informal measures to correct performance issues and/or or making recommendations for formal discipline.
- Facilitate multidisciplinary case conference meetings with clinical and administrative personnel to coordinate delivery of patient care.
- Assist DPCS in the planning, facilitation and evaluation of in-service and continuing education programs.
- Comply with accepted professional standards and principles.
- Assist in the field when needed to deliver quality healthcare to patients.
- Must be available and willing to complete a 6-week training program.
- Perform other reasonable and relevant duties and activities as delegated by DPCS and DoR or Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Active CA Registered Nurse license. CA Public Health Nurse (PHN) license preferred, but not required.
- Valid BLS (basic life support) for Healthcare Providers.
- Two (2) years’ experience within the last five (5) years, in either a home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility.
- One (1) year of recent Home Health experience.
- Demonstrated ability to direct administrative and clinical personnel.
- Knowledge and expertise in clinical decision-making and case management review and evaluation.
- Ability to deal tactfully and professionally with patient population being serviced.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
- Paid time off
- Paid holiday time
- 401k retirement plan
- Medical and Dental benefits paid for by CVHCare
Who We Are: CVHCare believes in sharing skills, knowledge and resources to develop and support the growth of our team. Orientation will include extensive 1:1 office training with seasoned peers and management. Our team is a unique group of individuals who not only work hard together but continuously laugh hard together. Our ability to focus on our goals while having a good time is unmatched.
To Apply: Respond to this post, including a copy of your resume.
More Information: Visit our website at www.cvhcare.com.