Authorizations Coordinator (New Grad LVN or RN) - San Ramon
Agency Support | San Ramon, CA | Full Time
CVHCare is seeking an outstanding Authorizations Coordinator to manage all aspects of the patient intake process in our San Ramon office.
Position Summary: The Authorizations Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of the authorization process including responding to clinician requests in a timely manner, collecting appropriate patient information from clinicians, working closely with insurance companies for approvals and tracking authorizations in process for timely completion. Effectively managing this process is vital to the flow of patient care.
- Draft HMO authorization requests and submit to appropriate parties
- Track and follow-up on pending authorizations & orders
- Authorizations received are compared to authorizations sent out, any authorizations not returned in 1-2 days are re-sent
- Follow up with clinicians if addition information is needed to process the authorization request
- Work closely with scheduling to ensure authorized visits are being completed
- Communicate with Clinical Mangers regarding approval of new requests
- Maintain complex electronic patient records databases (EMR)
- Handle high volume multi-line phones. Follow-Up calls to/from clinicians and insurance companies
- Administrative support for Operations team and office as needed
- Assisting company Officers with various projects (ranging from creating detailed Excel reports to making follow-up calls to MD offices)
- Extensive data entry
- California Licensed Vocational Nurse License or New Graduate RN required.
- Minimum of 2 yrs. experience in a medical setting in either a patient care or administrative role desired
- Knowledge of the home care environment strongly preferred
- Knowledge MS Office, Suite, Internet Explorer and professional telephone protocol
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets
- Excellent customer service and communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with high degree of precision, paying attention to detail to achieve the high accuracy levels required and timely follow-up and close-out of all matters
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing to minimize confusion and additional concerns
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
- Paid time off
- Paid holiday time
- 401k retirement plan
- Medical and Dental benefits paid for by CVHCare
Who We Are: CVHCare (Compassionate Visionary Health Care) is a thriving home health company, where passion and team spirit are nurtured and rewarded. Now celebrating our 11th anniversary, we are proud to be the leading home health agency throughout the Bay Area.
To Apply: Respond to this post, including a copy of your resume.
More Information: Contact a Recruiter at 510-690-1930, or visit our website at www.cvhcare.com.
EEOC: We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and an affirmative action employer.