Admissions Processing Coordinator - Medical Assistant
Agency Support | San Ramon, CA | Full Time
CVHCare is seeking an outstanding Admissions Processing Coordinator to manage all aspects of the patient intake process in our San Ramon office (weekend rotation required).
Position Summary: The Admissions Processing Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of the patient intake process including collecting appropriate patient information from referral sources, establishing and maintaining positive relationships with customers and referral sources, responding to customer requests and concerns, and managing the insurance verification and authorization process.
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal, and Joint Commission referral/intake regulatory requirements.
- Ensures patients are admitted in timely and accordance with policy.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential referral sources.
- Partners with operations to support seamless transition of patients to home care by providing essential intake documentation and coordinates with multiple service providers.
- Ensures maximum third party reimbursement through direct oversight of insurance verification and authorization processes.
- Builds and monitors community and customer perceptions of CVH Home Health Services as a high quality provider of services.
- Provides feedback to leadership, including identifying opportunities for additional or improved services to meet customer needs.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of CVH Home Health Services contractual relationships and ensures that patients are admitted according to contract provisions.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists referral sources in accessing community resources should services not be provided by CVH Home Health Services.
- Medical Assistant Certification required
- Minimum of 2 yrs. experience in a medical setting in either a patient care or administrative role desired
- Knowledge of the home care environment strongly preferred
- Knowledge MS Office, Suite, Internet Explorer and professional telephone protocol
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets
- Excellent customer service and communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with high degree of precision, paying attention to detail to achieve the high accuracy levels required and timely follow-up and close-out of all matters
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing to minimize confusion and additional concerns
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
- Paid time off
- Paid holiday time
- 401k retirement plan
- Medical and Dental benefits paid for by CVHCare
Who We Are: CVHCare (Compassionate Visionary Health Care) is a thriving home health company, where passion and team spirit are nurtured and rewarded. Now celebrating our 11th anniversary, we are proud to be the leading home health agency throughout the Bay Area.
To Apply: Respond to this post, including a copy of your resume.
More Information: Contact a Recruiter at 510-690-1930, or visit our website at www.cvhcare.com.
EEOC: We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and an affirmative action employer.