Headquarters | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Part Time
Curo Pet Care is an acquisition platform in the veterinary services space founded in 2016. Curo acquires majority stakes in small to mid-size veterinary hospitals across the United States (a $10+ billion-dollar market). The founding team has previously developed and sold two businesses with enterprise values over $400 million. Curo is funded solely by the founders’ family offices with no outside institutional investors.
As the Senior Accountant, you’ll be a key member of the Curo team, supporting the Founders/General Partners in managing and building a leading company in an exciting sector. In this role, you will be responsible for all areas of the accounting, financial planning and analysis of the business. You will have unfettered access to the Founders/General Partners and outside service providers. This is an ideal role for an individual skilled in accounting and financial analysis but who wants to gain operating experience at a growing business.
- Supervise the Company’s financial books in QuickBooks for 10+ individual entities, including recording revenue and costs, monthly transaction reconciliation, preparation of journal entries, maintenance of chart of accounts, A/P & A/R oversight and preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Manage the month-end close and prepare all financial statements in Microsoft Excel including the P&L, Balance Sheet and the Statement of Cash Flows. This is a full cycle responsibility from supervising data entry into QuickBooks to preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP, to the opportunity to provide thoughtful monthly commentary on financial performance analysis for General Partners
- Responsible for accounting for Corporate related areas such a general insurance, health insurance, workers comp, prepaid expenses, notes receivable, and various other areas/departments
- Review annual budgeting created by Hospital Managers and General Partners
- Perform variance analysis to prior year and to budget/forecast
- Monitor accounts for compliance and best practices purposes.
- Manage full A/R cycle, including reconciliation of all cash receipts, review of monthly A/R aging report
- Work with hospital management to ensure timely reconciliation of physical inventory and accurate presentation of inventory balances in our financial statements.
- Liaise with external CPA Firm to facilitate preparation and filing of Sales Tax Returns, Commercial Rent Tax Returns and the annual corporate financial statements and tax returns.
- Work with all members of the Management Team as needed to complete financial analysis work to facilitate business decisions and actions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- CPA preferred
- Expert in QuickBooks
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong Balance Sheet reconciliations experience
- Compensation and Benefits Accounting experience
- Strong communications skills
- Experience in veterinary or medical field favorable
- Experience with Cornerstone (IDEXX) or AVImark or other performance management software a major benefit
Job Type: Full-time
(Part-time role possible for first 6 months)