Operations and Accounting Administrator
Administration | Home Base | Full Time
We are actively seeking to fill our team with "A Players". Currently we are seeking to fill the role of Operations and Accounting Administrator. This roles focus is diverse and touches all areas of the business. The core of the role is to be the glue and the thread for the administrative policies, procedures and processes between our operations, sales and accounting teams. This is a heavy administrative role and is based on organizing many of the systems, processes and procedures around on-boarding, contract management, billing, collections and HR. As you can imagine this role is highly integrated across functions and teams, from sales through accounting including projects, service, HR, customer interaction and more.
To be considered for this position you should have a history demonstrating:
- Managing customer life-cycle activities such as on-boarding and off-boarding, contract management, and administrative functions related to customer relationship.
- Managing billing life-cycle such as invoice creation, review, quality control, sending and following up on collections.
- Managing procurement processes, specifically vendor interfacing, ordering, receiving and related workflow.
- Managing electronic files and paper filing of various documents and records.
- Managing administrative functions related to Human Resources such as employee on-boarding and employee HR compliance activities such as insurance, 401(k), PTO, etc.
The Results Expected:
- Customers are effectively onboarded into the various systems for customer management, billing, and collections.
- Accurate and timely monthly and ad-hoc billing of customers, and timely collections.
- Smooth and effective procurement (ordering and receiving), specifically related to customer needs.
The Essence and The Spirit of the Role:
- Making everyone else better through tight administrative processes, and execution.
- Have a clear understanding of how solid administrative functions positively affect all areas of the business.
You will be measured by the following outcomes:
The Customer Admin Lifecycle
- Your ability to effectively and quickly onboard customers into our administrative systems so that we can bill them, start their projects and bill them accurately.
- Your ability to consistently and accurately bill customers, and collect, for their agreed upon services.
- Your consistent thorough documentation of the policies, processes, procedures, exceptions and your work.
- Customer Happiness measured by regular "customer administrative happiness" surveys.
The Procurement Lifecyle
- Your ability to effectively and efficiently manage the process of quoting, ordering and receiving hardware, and software, related to customer requests.
- Your ability to consistently and accurately bill customers for their purchases.
- Your consistent and thorough documentation of the policies, processes, procedures, exceptions and your work related to procurement.
The Specific Metrics:
- Onboarding customers within 72 hours of their submission from sales.
- Billing all agreement customers no later than the 5th of each month
- Days Sales Outstanding less than 10 days on average.
You should have qualifications & experience in:
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Calendars and Microsoft SharePoint, Teams and Yammer.
- Strong English skills in grammar, punctuation and content
- Vocal, hard working and a deep desire to serve
- Extensive experience working with executives in small business environment
To work at The IT Company the following qualities and traits should resonate with you:
- Fun loving & Calm under pressure
- Desire to serve others
- Desire to ensure customers are happy
- Desire to close loops and not leave “things undone”
- Able to prioritize and sequence events logically
- “Do the right thing” attitude
- Attention to detail
- Passion for learning
- Accepts mentoring and leadership from senior team members.
- Experience with QuickBooks Online
- Experience in the IT or IT Managed Services Markets
- Background as an office manager, contract or billing manager
You should be comfortable with the following work conditions and other considerations:
- Candidate should have reliable transportation
- Candidate should be willing to work nights and weekends
- Candidate should be able to lift 50 or more pounds
The IT Company is a Knoxville, TN based Outsourced IT Support and Services Provider serving the region within 50 miles of our home. The IT Company serves a select group of clients throughout the area, with a special emphasis on those in highly regulated industries such as Physicians Practices and Community Banks.
We have focused our organization around our simple mission of “To See Our Customers Succeed” We do this by only working with a select group of new customers annually who are seeking a partner who will normalize IT operations and work to align their business needs, goals and objectives to IT by improving policy, process, stability, security, reliability and performance while at the same time ensuring compliance with the various State and Federal regulatory requirements. In our experience those organizations typically require high security, high availability, maximum performance and are many times under regulatory requirements such as HIPAA (Healthcare) and GLB (Banking).
We only hire team members who are a cultural fit for our organization. Those individuals resonate with our Vision, Mission and Values:
- Vision: To build a company where people love to work and love to do business.
- Purpose: To Deliver Happiness
- Mission: To create greater business success for our customers by helping them leverage technology
- Do the right thing
- Invest in others
- Improve everything
- Have fun!
- Flexible schedule
- Health Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Great work environment