IT Support Specialist
Client Services | Home Base | Full Time
We are actively seeking to fill our team with "A Players". Currently we are seeking to fill the role of IT Support Specialist. This role's focus is to assist our customers end users with technology issues they encounter as a part of our reactive services team, by being a part of delivering our unique IT as a Service delivery model. Our number one priority for our team members is that they have amazing customer service skills, which means you have an intrinsic passion (purpose) to want to make people happy (make them smile) and a focus (mission) on seeing customers be successful.
As a IT Support Specialist Your primary job will be to resolve issues for our customers end users that related to technology incidents (or problems) in a timely manner.
To be considered for this position you should have a history demonstrating:
- Be self-initiating with a positive attitude and high level of confidence.
- Technical and relational discernment to manage complex customer emotional situations.
- Highly customer-focused mindset with effective communications verbally and written.
- The ability to prioritize and execute tasks with limited supervision.
The Results Expected:
- Clients are happy because of how you treat them.
- You provide feedback to all other delivery areas in the company for improvement.
- You are contributing to a tight knit team, and well-oiled machine of delivery results to clients.
- You understand how your role, and your results, impact all other areas of the business AND the clients.
The Essence and The Spirit of the Role:
- Seek to understand how your role impacts the business goals and objectives of customers.
- You are the face of the company, happiness literally comes from your smile, care, and compassion.
- You are identifying patterns of customer issues and related to issues in our processes and delivery and communicating those internally.
You will be measured by the following outcomes:
- The average time to resolve tickets.
- The number of tickets opened/closed per day.
- Customer Happiness Index.
You should have qualifications & experience in:
- High school degree, Associates, Bachelors or Technical Degree Desired
- 2-5 Years IT Experience
- Strong desktop operating system and applications knowledge
- Strong understanding and experience with ALL Microsoft Windows Server & Application technologies
- Strong understanding and experience with Microsoft Office365
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of networking technologies including TCPIP, Routing & Switching, Firewall Policy Management, Remote Access
- Knowledge and some experience with Virtualization Technologies from Citrix and/or VMWare
To work at The IT Company the following qualities and traits should resonate with you:
- Fun loving & Calm under pressure
- Desire to serve others
- Desire to ensure customers are happy
- Desire to close loops and not leave “things undone”
- Able to prioritize and sequence events logically
- “Do the right thing” attitude
- Attention to detail
- Passion for learning
- Accepts mentoring and leadership from senior team members.
- Mentors more junior team members.
- Background in IT Managed Services
- Certifications: Microsoft, VMWare, Citrix, Cisco, Meraki, Citrix, Fortinet, CompTIA
- Associates or Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
You should be comfortable with the following work conditions and other considerations:
- Candidate should have reliable transportation
- Candidate should be willing to work nights and weekends
- Candidate should be able to lift 50 or more pounds
The IT Company is a Knoxville, TN based Outsourced IT Support and Services Provider serving the region within 50 miles of Knoxville. The IT Company serves a select group of clients throughout the area, with a special emphasis on those in highly regulated industries such as Physicians Practices, Financial Services and Government Contractors.
We have focused our organization on our simple mission of “To See Our Customers Succeed” We do this by only working with a select group of new customers annually who are seeking a partner who will normalize IT operations and work to align their business needs, goals and objectives to IT by improving policy, process, stability, security, reliability and performance while at the same time ensuring compliance with the various State and Federal regulatory requirements. In our experience those organizations typically require high security, high availability, maximum performance and are many times under regulatory requirements such as HIPAA (Healthcare) and GLB (Banking).
We only hire team members who are a cultural fit for our organization. Those individuals resonate with our Vision, Mission and Values:
- Vision: To build a company where people love to work and love to do business.
- Purpose: To Deliver Happiness
- Mission: To create greater business success for our customers by helping them leverage technology
- Do the right thing
- Invest in others
- Improve everything
- Have fun!
- Flexible schedule
- Health Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Great work environment