IT Support Specialist
Client Services | Home Base | Full Time
The IT Company is currently looking to fill up our team with more "A Players". We are specifically looking to fill the role of IT Support Specialist. This individual will be responsible for working mostly in a remote and/or onsite support role of our customers throughout East TN. The majority of our customers are in the Healthcare industry, so professionals with customer service knowledge and experience are required.
- Utilize our tools and various technologies to provide a variety of services to end-user clients
- Provide Escalated Remote IT Support to End-Users on a day to day basis
- Provide Escalated Onsite IT Support to End-Users on a day to day basis
- Troubleshoot, Diagnose and Resolve IT Problems related to
- Microsoft Windows Servers
- Microsoft Office365 and related technologies
- Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
- Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Access Points & Other Network Devices
- VMWare & Citrix Server and Desktop Virtualization Technologies
- Microsoft Windows10 Operating System
- A variety of desktop applications such as Office, Adobe Acrobat, Quickbooks, etc
- A variety of healthcare applications related to practice management and electronic medical records.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in a written and oral fashion
- Manage personal time effectively and keep up with tickets, time and notes related to work performed
- Be available to be on 24/7 call on a rotation with other team members
- Other tasks or duties as assigned or required
To be considered for this position you should have a history demonstrating:
- Be self-initiating with a positive attitude and high level of confidence
- Technical and relational discernment to manage complex situations
- Highly customer-focused mindset
- Effective communications verbally and written
- The ability to prioritize and execute tasks with limited supervision
You will be measured by the following outcomes:
- Maintain agreed number of tickets and tasks individually, and team wide, that are completed in a timely manner according to the company SLA.
- Update customers, service coordinator and fellow team members who may be involved with assigned tickets and tasks as needed and in accordance with company SLA.
- Maintain a daily timesheet and records of your accomplished work.
- Complete assigned technical certifications to ensure growth in technical proficiencies.
- Maintaining individual and corporate Customer Happiness goals as defined.
You should have qualifications and/or experience as follows:
- High school degree, Associates, Bachelors or Technical Degree Desired
- 2-5 Years IT Experience
- Strong desktop operating system and applications knowledge
- Strong understanding and experience with ALL Microsoft Windows Server & Application technologies
- Strong understanding and experience with Microsoft Office365
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of networking technologies including TCPIP, Routing & Switching, Firewall Policy Management, Remote Access
- Knowledge and some experience with Virtualization Technologies from Citrix and/or VMWare
To work at The IT Company the following qualities and traits should resonate with you:
- Fun loving & Calm under pressure
- Desire to serve others
- Desire to ensure customers are happy
- Desire to close loops and not leave “things undone”
- Able to prioritize and sequence events logically
- “Do the right thing” attitude
- Attention to detail
- Passion for learning
- Accepts mentoring and leadership from senior team members.
- Mentors more junior team members.
- Background in IT Managed Services
- Certifications: Microsoft, VMWare, Citrix, Cisco, Citrix, Fortinet, CompTIA
- Associates or Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory and Exchange
- Citrix and VMWare
- Networking/Switching hardware
- Firewall, EDR, MDR, SEIM, and other Security Technologies
- Backup and Recovery software
- EMR/EHR/Practice Management Experience
You should be comfortable with the following work conditions and other considerations:
- Candidate should have reliable transportation
- Candidate should be willing to work nights and weekends
- Candidate should be able to lift 50 or more pounds
The IT Company is a Knoxville, TN based Outsourced IT Support and Services Provider serving the region within 50 miles of our home. The IT Company serves a select group of clients throughout the area, with a special emphasis on those in highly regulated industries such as Physicians Practices and Community Banks.
We have focused our organization around our simple mission of “Happy Customers.” We do this by only working with a select group of new customers annually who are seeking a partner who will normalize IT operations by improving policy, process, stability, security, reliability and performance while at the same time ensuring compliance with the various State and Federal regulatory requirements. In our experience those organizations typically require high security, high availability, maximum performance and are many times under regulatory requirements such as HIPAA (Healthcare) and GLB (Banking).
We only hiring team members who are a cultural fit for our organization. Those individuals resonate with our Vision, Mission and Values:
- Vision: To build a company where people love to work and love to do business.
- Mission: Happy Customers
- Do the right thing
- Invest in others
- Improve everything
- Have fun!
- Expense Account
- Flexible schedule
- Health Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Short Term Disability
- Great work environment