Software Development Engineer in Test
Software testing | Redmond, WA | Full Time and Contract
Are you interested in building upon your existing strong technical/design skills and take your career to the next level? Looking for a team where product quality, reliability and customer satisfaction metrics are core principles driving product development? Are you a fast learner and enjoy synthesizing knowledge in to practice?
The MTE (Manufacturing Test Engineering) team is looking for an experienced, technically skilled test engineer with a passion for quality of complex electromechanical test systems in a fast paced engineering environment for our HoloLens and Surface products, and interested in playing a key leadership role in the delivery of MS manufacturing tester HW/SW systems to global factory partners.
Partnering with numerous product teams, we design vital software and hardware systems used in our global Contract Manufacturing and RnR (Repair and Refurbish) centers. We’re looking for individuals with relevant experience and a passion for testing low-level routines, CPU/GPU, memory, hard drives and other consumer device components.
• 3+ years of software test development experience using C++ or C#, using OOP best practices.
• Experience developing test plans/strategies and ability to collaborate cross team to define effective measures of quality and risk.
• Define/deliver test cases, with a solid understanding of the trade-offs between automation and manual test cases.
• Clear understanding of when to leverage existing solutions/tools vs. designing innovative automation solutions from scratch.
• Prior technical test leadership project experience on a high volume consumer device is a definite plus.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a self-starter in a collaborative, self-directed manner.
• Strong debugging and technical problem solving skills, as well as a passion to solve hard, ambiguous problems.
• Exceptional communication skills which includes clear written and verbal communication as well as the ability to listen effectively.
• Hands-on experience working with and implementing Lean/Agile software development practices is a plus.
• Experience working in hardware manufacturing is a plus.
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering. M.S. in one of these fields is a plus. In lieu of a degree, professional experience is an acceptable substitute. Our team is looking for demonstrated “continual learners.”