Lab test engineer
Engineering | Redmond, WA | Contract
We are seeking a candidate with system validation experience, who can work with our vendors to remotely execute and review power performance and airflow testing, for our next generation cloud server infrastructure. The candidate will be qualifying hardware SKUs and systems to demonstrate how servers will operate under a range of conditions that would be expected throughout their useful life in a data center.
Responsibilities include working with partners to audit remote test setup and conformance to specification. Remote execution and review of results. Debug of test or setup issues as they arise. Modification/tuning of test suite based upon system configuration. Development of test suite automation. Maintaining test documentation.
Basic Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum B.S./M.S. in Electrical/Computer Engineering or similar field (or similar experience)
• 3+ years of experience in systems hardware validation (development, execution, and debug).
• Knowledge of server system architecture and hands-on experience in bringing up, integration, and validation of PCBAs, hardware components, and systems.
• Familiar with and able to develop scripts (python, power shell) and routines to enable and accelerate data collection and data reduction via automation.
• Self-motivated, detail oriented individual, must be able to work collaboratively in team environment and across internal divisions and industry (OEM, ODM).
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Server
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Familiarity with network infrastructure
Additional Skills and Qualifications
• Experience with industry standard benchmarks SPECpower_ssj2008 and/or IOMeter
• Experience with Intel Xeon processors