VP of Marketing - Customer Acquisition
Marketing | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
By the time that Justin Yoshimura turned 25, he was a veteran in the startup world: guiding three companies from start to acquisition and many more as an advisor, mentor and board member. Nevertheless, he had yet to achieve his original dream of building a publicly held Fortune 500 Company, so he founded CSC Generation.
- Is backed by leading investors including: China Science & Merchants Investment Management Group (CSC), Khosla Ventures, Crosslink Capital, Maveron, Quest Venture Partners, eCommerce Growth Fund, Christian Friedland (Build.com founder), Niraj Shah (Wayfair Founder), Kevin Chou (Kabam Founder), Roger Dickey (Mafia Wars, Gigster Founder), Hong Hu (500friends Founder), Ryan Urban (BounceX Founder), Brandon Proctor (AutoAnything President), Cali Tran (Valassis Digital President), Emery Skolfield, (Footlocker.com VP), and James Tamplin (Firebase CEO).
- Builds things that people want.
- Is insanely data-driven and analytical. Our team members are the type of people that would analyze a restaurant’s revenues, contribution margins, rent, and EBITDA while waiting for their food.
- Has zero tolerance for assholes or politics. Candidates who negatively impact our culture are let go, even if it doesn’t make financial sense to do so.
- Is capital efficient and scrappy.
- Believes that whether or not you paid for your own college is more important than where you went to school. Don't even get us started about useless MBAs...
- Is contrarian. We get a rush from unlocking value in overlooked assets.
- Values work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and dedication.
- Is looking to build a world where consumers can lease or finance any product with residual value.
We are looking for people who are interested in joining us on what is likely to be a very long and difficult journey: building the next Liberty Interactive/IACI/Berkshire Hathaway is going to take decades. If your resume shows that you've "moved" every 18 months, it is unlikely that you are a fit.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Embodies our core values (listed above).
- Is an e-Commerce Acquisition Marketing Master (Paid Search, Paid Social, Paid Media, SEO, Affiliates, etc)
- Is an extremely fast learner. We are a start-up and do not have the training infrastructure of larger organizations.
- Is entrepreneurial. When you identify a problem or inefficiency, you scheme up a better way.
- Analyze all current Acquisition Marketing channels
- Evaluate paid marketing budgets/spends
- Strategize improvements and optimizations
- Mentor, develop, & hire top-tier digital marketing team members
- Own the P&L and hold all team members accountable for the performance of the company
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive base salary + bonus + equity.
- No incompetence. We recognize that hiring and retaining incompetent people is the #1 way to drive away top performers.
- Massive career growth. If you're good, you are eligible for a promotion every 6 months. Top analysts have become CEOs of $100M businesses within 2 years.
Disclaimer: this is an intense and demanding job, to say the least.