Streetwear Apparel Designer - Cut and Sew (Killion)
Product Development | DTLA, CA | Full Time
Killion started in 2014 as a direct to consumer menswear brand with the objective to provide high quality style at exceptional prices. Over the past few years, we pioneered the model of dropping on trend capsule collections to a core following through social channels. The inspired designs and quality product have produced worldwide demand, causing Killion to become one of the most sought after brands in men's fashion.
We're building a rockstar team of customer centric, data driven and creative types that are passionate about ecommerce and men's fashion. If you are ambitious, hungry, and have an entrepreneurial spirit, then we want to speak to you! Join us as we build The People's Brand.
As the Technical Designer, you will build exceptional menswear from initial Tech Pack creation to production. You will take the lead on fitting and creating optimal ways to construct a garment to meet style intent, cost target, and ensure they are production friendly. The ideal candidate is passionate about the brand aesthetic and the men’s streetwear industry.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Embodies our core values
- Passionate about streetwear and is in tune with current and emerging trends
- Listens to consumers and fans and utilizes their feedback to improve products
- Technically capable of completely developing a product from tech pack to sampling to QC to final production
- Driven to produce quality garments month after month - we drop monthly
- Own the product development process
- Spec, Tech, Fit, Dye, Sample, QC, Deliver - the complete process
- Communicate with production facilities to ensure the vision is executed properly
- Evolve the brand and product to provide compelling offering to the consumers and fans
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive base salary
- No incompetence. We recognize that hiring and retaining incompetent people is the #1 way to drive away top performers.
- Massive career growth.
Disclaimer: this is an intense and demanding job, to say the least.