Development | New York, NY | Full Time
Does this sound like you?
- You breathe Web application development
- You lean towards server-side programming but aren't afraid to tackle the full-stack
- Solving puzzles using code is your passion
- You thrive on building something better than the next person
- You excel under tight deadlines
- You look at something and immediately think about how you can improve it
- The job isn't finished, you aren't finished
- You aren't afraid of a start-up and everything that comes with one
- You are only happy when everyone in the room is blown away
- You want to do something special and game changing
- You believe in having a good time no matter how tough the work is or how quickly the deadlines are coming
If so, you should join us! We're cool, relaxed, experienced, hard driving, changing our industry and looking for smart people like yourself to help tackle tough technical challenges. CrowdTwist is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join the development team with a focus on server-side programming. The position is full-time and based in New York.
We are currently running on Linux, PHP, Oracle, Apache, Node.js, MongoDB, Nginx, Redis, Memcached all hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). We are open to using any technology that solves our challenges in a thoughtful and expert way.
We are a venture backed NYC based company that provides the most comprehensive omni-channel loyalty & analytics solutions for industry leading brands such as Pepsi, Marvel, Carhartt, Zumiez, Nestlé Purina, AMC’s The Walking Dead, VIZIO and others. We're relaxed, experienced and hard driving and are changing our industry.
We have a fun, generous company culture that's built on our fundamental principle that when you give more, you get more:
- We bring toys to the office but still think the most fun thing to do is build product
- We love getting to know one another outside the office through CrowdTwist sponsored events (volleyball and dodgeball teams, high speed go-karting, bowling, paintball, happy hour, the list goes on and on)
- Provide lunches, drinks and snacks so our team can be hungry for other things
- Learn from and teach each other at CrowdTwist U
- Try to say what we mean and mean what we say
- We offer a generous employee benefits package including stock options, fully paid Medical, Dental & Vision plans for employees & their dependents!
- You have a college degree in Computer Science (or comparable)
- You have 3+ years developing large scale web applications with PHP, Java, Ruby or Python
- You have in-depth knowledge of both object oriented programming and procedural programming and understand when to use which
- You love Linux
- You have serious data modeling and SQL skills
- You understand unit testing and overall software quality
- You are meticulous, bordering on ridiculous
And we'd love to see:
- Experience with Oracle and PL/SQL
- Experience with PHP 5 and object-oriented PHP
- Experience with Redis, MongoDB, Node.js, Nginx, Apache modules
- Experience with Git
Take a peek inside our office here: Life at CrowdTwist
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.