Senior Software Engineer
Development | New York, NY | Full Time
CrowdTwist is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our growing team based in New York City. In this role, you will work directly with all areas of our platform while adding new features and new products to the CrowdTwist platform. You will be involved in many different projects as we continue to grow and enhance our platform. Your work will be in front of millions of people and will directly influence the loyalty program offerings for many of our clients, such as Pepsi, Marvel, Carhartt, Nestlé Purina, AMC’s The Walking Dead and Zumiez.
We are a venture-backed NYC based company that provides the most comprehensive omni-channel loyalty & analytics solutions for industry leading brands. We're relaxed, experienced, hard driving and are changing our industry.
Your work will span many areas of the CrowdTwist platform, including but not limited to:
- The consumer-facing loyalty program experience
- Our RESTful APIs
- Our scalable microservices architecture
- Our client-facing content management applications
- Integrations with social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Foursquare, etc) and vendors (PoS, ESP, CRM, Bazaarvoice, OrderGroove, etc)
This role is for an engineer who loves to roll up their sleeves, dive in, and tackle any problem with speed and precision. You will be utilizing your experience with object-oriented software design and implementation, data modeling, and building high-performance, highly scalable web and data processing applications. We operate in an agile manner, so you must thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy shipping product.
In this role, you will work with a broad backend tech stack, including but not limited to:
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, Lambda, Kinesis, S3, RedShift, CloudFront etc.)
- Various third-party services (Twilio, SendGrid, EdgeCast, etc.)
- Have a BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with both compiled and scripting languages
- Have 5+ years of professional experience with any object oriented languages (ex: Java, PHP, C++, C#, PHP, Ruby, etc)
- Have extensive experience in developing web applications and REST services
- Know your way around a relational and/or NoSQL database
- Write great code, view it as a craft, and love cranking out solid work
Bonus points for front end development and systems administration experience.
We have a fun, generous company culture that's built on our fundamental principle that when you give more, you get more:
- Competitive compensation and generous employee benefits package including fully paid Medical, Dental & Vision plans for employees & their dependents!
- Stock options for all employees!
- We bring toys to the office but still think the most fun thing to do is build product
- Collaborative work environment that fosters bonds beyond the workplace
- We treat our people well with employee recognition programs and referral bonuses
- Better than average team building activities such as paintball, go cart racing, shuffleboard, organized sporting teams and off-site retreats.
- Provide lunches, drinks and snacks so our team can be hungry for other things
- Learn from and teach each other at CrowdTwist U
- Dog friendly office environment
If this sounds like you, get in touch. We're cool, relaxed, experienced, hard driving, changing our industry and looking for smart people like yourself to help tackle tough technical challenges.
This is a full-time position based in our New York City office. Apply by sending us your resume and cover letter. Relocation assistance will be available if needed.