Senior Data Engineer
Development | New York, NY | Full Time
CrowdTwist is seeking a Data Engineer for our growing team based in New York City. In this role, you will have full ownership of the CrowdTwist Data Pipeline to satisfy our ever growing data needs. You will be involved in many different projects as we continue to grow and enhance our platform. You'll be working with large data sets across millions of users and will directly influence the loyalty program offerings for many of our clients, such as Pepsi, Marvel, Carhartt, Nestlé Purina, AMC’s The Walking Dead, TOMS, Steve Madden and Zumiez.
We are a venture-backed NYC based company that provides the most comprehensive omni-channel loyalty & analytics solutions for industry leading brands. We're relaxed, experienced, hard driving and are changing our industry.
This role is for an engineer who loves to roll up their sleeves, dive in, and tackle any problem with speed and precision. You will work closely with the Data, Engineering and Product teams to implement, mature and optimize our Data Warehouse, Reporting and AI Data Models which drive actionable insights across the platform. You will be utilizing your experience with object-oriented software design and implementation, data modeling, and building high-performance, highly scalable data processing applications. We operate in an agile manner, so you must thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy shipping product.
In this role, you will work with a broad tech stack, including but not limited to:
- Amazon Web Services (Aurora, Redshift, DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, ElastiCache)
This is what we're using today, but we're looking to take our data processing to the next level. We're looking for free thinkers that are open to new approaches and tech stacks.
- Have a BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Self-starter with 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer dealing with large complex data scenarios
- Proven ability to work with varied data infrastructures - including relational databases, column stores, NoSQL databases and file-based storage solutions
- Experience with both compiled and scripting languages
- Expert level SQL skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Write great code, view it as a craft, and love cranking out solid work
We have a fun, generous company culture that's built on our fundamental principle that when you give more, you get more:
- Competitive compensation and generous employee benefits package including fully paid Medical, Dental & Vision plans for employees & their dependents!
- Stock options for all employees!
- We bring toys to the office but still think the most fun thing to do is build product
- Collaborative work environment that fosters bonds beyond the workplace
- We treat our people well with employee recognition programs and referral bonuses
- Better than average team building activities such as paintball, go cart racing, shuffleboard, organized sporting teams and off-site retreats.
- Provide lunches, drinks and snacks so our team can be hungry for other things
- Learn from and teach each other at CrowdTwist U
- Pet friendly office environment
If this sounds like you, get in touch. We're cool, relaxed, experienced, hard driving, changing our industry and looking for smart people like yourself to help tackle tough technical challenges.
This is a full-time position based in our New York City office. Apply by sending us your resume and cover letter. Relocation assistance will be available if needed.