Sales | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
CrowdFlower is the essential human-in-the-loop AI platform for data science and machine learning teams. The CrowdFlower software platform trains, tests, and tunes machine learning models to make AI work in the real world. CrowdFlower’s technology and expertise supports a wide range of use cases including autonomous vehicles, intelligent personal assistants, medical image labeling, consumer product identification, content categorization, customer support ticket classification, social data insight, CRM data enrichment, product categorization, and search relevance.
Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by Canvas Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Industry Ventures, Microsoft Ventures, and Salesforce Ventures, CrowdFlower serves Fortune 500 and fast-growing data-driven organizations across a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.crowdflower.com.
About the Role
As a Solutions Engineer in the Sales team you will play a vital role in driving the technical pre-sales engagement with prospective customers. This is a hands-on technologist role and you will "wear many hats". You will not just be presenting slides and giving demos. You will be architecting Enterprise data enrichment solutions for large organizations and explaining our data enrichment platform, through your work, to data science teams. Experience seeing the entire sales lifecycle, from conception to design to technology evaluation through to closing the deal is crucial.
- Use case discovery. Work with customers and prospects to deeply understand the proposed use case and propose solutions using the CrowdFlower data enrichment platform
- Demo ninja. Deliver in-depth technical product demos to customers and prospects at all levels within an organization
- Technical subject matter expert. Support the sales cycle through the elimination of technical objections and build rapport with the data science and engineering teams at prospective customers
- Multi-tasking and prioritization. Balance supporting multiple Account Executives and multiple sales cycles
- Prove customer value. Where necessary deliver proofs of concept and pilots to demonstrate the value of the CrowdFlower data enrichment platform
- Minimum 3 years experience in a technology company and demonstrable success working in a customer-facing role
- Hands-on, technical, problem solver
- Development experience with HTML is a must
- Comfortable working with customers and public speaking (there will be some customer / conference travel for this role)
- Familiarity with Social Analytics platforms or Machine Learning a plus
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Knowledge of ETL and ETL workflows
- Desire to learn continuously about new ideas and concepts in data science