Software Engineer - Systems/Infrastructure
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Temp to Perm
CrowdFlower is the essential human-in-the-loop AI platform for data science and machine learning teams. The CrowdFlower software platform trains, tests, and tunes machine learning models to make AI work in the real world. CrowdFlower’s technology and expertise supports a wide range of use cases including autonomous vehicles, intelligent personal assistants, medical image labeling, consumer product identification, content categorization, customer support ticket classification, social data insight, CRM data enrichment, product categorization, and search relevance.
Headquartered in the Mission District in San Francisco and backed by Canvas Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Industry Ventures, Microsoft Ventures, and Salesforce Ventures, CrowdFlower serves Fortune 500 and fast-growing data-driven organizations across a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.crowdflower.com
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate has an extensive experience with SaaS platforms, hosted on AWS or hybrid infrastructure. You are able to strike the right balance between appropriate levels of process, automation and security while still supporting an agile and fast paced development environment. You are used to working closely with DevOps engineers and enjoy participating in the planning & problem solving discussions. You are able to act as your own analyst - identifying opportunities and requirements and then appropriate developing solutions.
- Support our development & production infrastructure & services, including our
- AWS Infrastructure including EC2, S3, IAM, Route53, Elasticache, Elastic Beanstalk, RedShift etc.
- Dockerized Rails Applications running within a Kubernetes framework
- Jenkins based CI/CD processes
- Provide leadership to the team in applying automation to our infrastructure, identifying and implementing worthwhile processes that improve the efficiency and reliability of our operations.
- Tuning processes to improve efficiency and security as necessary.
- Supporting the automated processes you have developed when something goes wrong.
Skills & Experience:
- You must have
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience with one or more of (Ruby, Java, Python).
- Minimum 2 years experience writing infrastructure as code
- 3+ Years with one or more of (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SALT, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- AWS cloud infrastructure (3+ years experience).
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- Great social & communication skills—we act as a team, we celebrate successes together and we brainstorm our way together through challenges.
- Additional credit for
- Familiarity with New Relic, CloudWatch, PaperTrail, Elasticsearch, Rollbar, ELK or other monitoring tools
- Experience supporting Rails applications
- Vault (secrets handling technology) Experience
- Jenkins Setup and support
- Experience with git as a revision control tool, and familiarity with github.
CrowdFlower offers an attractive total compensation package including outstanding benefits and stock options. Learn more about our culture at http://www.crowdflower.com/careers/.