Senior Performance & Scalability Test Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Temp to Perm
CrowdFlower is the essential human-in-the-loop AI platform for data science and machine learning teams. The CrowdFlower software platform trains, tests, and tunes machine learning models to make AI work in the real world. CrowdFlower’s technology and expertise supports a wide range of use cases including autonomous vehicles, intelligent personal assistants, medical image labeling, consumer product identification, content categorization, customer support ticket classification, social data insight, CRM data enrichment, product categorization, and search relevance.
Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by Canvas Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Industry Ventures, Microsoft Ventures, and Salesforce Ventures, CrowdFlower serves Fortune 500 and fast-growing data-driven organizations across a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.crowdflower.com
About the Role
CrowdFlower needs you to help the engineering team deal with incredible growth in our data volumes, with much more to come. We are rapidly evolving our systems and architecture to support this growth and you will play a critical role in making it all work efficiently and reliably. The ideal candidate has expertise in stress and performance testing, service or integration level testing, and optimization. Partner with the development teams to investigate failures and provide insight into application performance, scalability, and customer usage. Develop a thorough understanding of our platform, learn our internal and external API’s, and work with engineers through design and development phases by conducting performance tests to ensure application systems reliability, capacity, and scalability.
- Develop and manage environments, scripts & tools necessary for system stress & performance testing
- Collect, aggregate and publish metrics
- Collaborate in platform feature development from design to construction and release, working with development engineers to define performance requirements and verify they are met.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or the equivalent in experience.
- 5+ years experience in software performance and load testing.
- Experience using JMeter load testing tools for development and maintenance of performance test scripts.
- Solid Java or Ruby programming or scripting skills, and experience with test automation frameworks and tools.
- Experience troubleshooting and investigating application and test script errors, reporting defects and test results.
- Strong commitment to ensure systems performance, scalability and reliability.
- Knowledge of Microservices oriented architecture, Swagger, and RESTful APIs is an asset
- Working knowledge of Git and JIRA.
- An ability to work in a dynamic scrum based agile and nimble environment.