Senior Backend Developer - Java/Ruby
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Temp to Perm
CrowdFlower is the essential human-in-the-loop AI platform for data science and machine learning teams. The CrowdFlower software platform trains, tests, and tunes machine learning models to make AI work in the real world. CrowdFlower’s technology and expertise supports a wide range of use cases including autonomous vehicles, intelligent personal assistants, medical image labeling, consumer product identification, content categorization, customer support ticket classification, social data insight, CRM data enrichment, product categorization, and search relevance.
Headquartered in the Mission District in San Francisco and backed by Canvas Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Industry Ventures, Microsoft Ventures, and Salesforce Ventures, CrowdFlower serves Fortune 500 and fast-growing data-driven organizations across a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.crowdflower.com
The Ideal Candidate
You are an experienced application developer who knows how to design and implement scalable, resilient, secure and responsive systems. You like to work with different technologies and are passionate about learning new things. You take pride in designing elegant, simple solutions to challenging problems, whether updating legacy systems or creating new micro-services. You will help ensure we continue to evolve and keep our edge as a world-class development team building great products. You are looking to join a team where you can make a difference while also being challenged to improve your own skills.
- Participate in designing and developing robust, scalable systems with modern design patterns in a services oriented architecture.
- Take the initiative to share your skills & knowledge with other members of the team and learn from them in return. Collaboration is key in producing quality software.
- Demonstrate ownership and pride in your work and encourage others to do the same.
- Analyze and improve existing systems and offer go-forward suggestions to enhance scalability, resiliency and performance.
- Promote best practices for writing maintainable, well-tested code within a scrum based agile process.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience working with Java 8+ / Spring Boot and/or Ruby/Rails development (experience with both is a big plus).
- Experience with a range of data stores, including relational (SQL), column-oriented and key-value stores such as Postgres, Memcache, Redis and RedShift.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, agile development, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with the following technologies will be a definite asset:
- AWS platform and its many components (S3, API Gateway, etc)
- Microservices architecture
- Swagger and RESTful API design
- Docker containerization, Kubernetes orchestration