Lead Designer, Marketing
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
CrowdFlower is the essential human-in-the-loop AI platform for data science and machine learning teams. The CrowdFlower software platform trains, tests, and tunes machine learning models to make AI work in the real world. CrowdFlower’s technology and expertise supports a wide range of use cases including autonomous vehicles, intelligent personal assistants, medical image labeling, consumer product identification, content categorization, customer support ticket classification, social data insight, CRM data enrichment, product categorization, and search relevance.
Headquartered in the Mission District in San Francisco and backed by Canvas Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Industry Ventures, Microsoft Ventures, and Salesforce Ventures, CrowdFlower serves Fortune 500 and fast-growing data-driven organizations across a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.crowdflower.com
About the Role
Our rapidly growing marketing team is looking for a Lead Designer to help drive forward our marketing efforts. This person will play a critical role in creating, maintaining and assuring a level of quality for all external and internally facing marketing materials and efforts including: supporting demand generation campaigns, corporate website, trade-show presence, collateral, power points-apalooza, and all corporate branding.
We are looking for an individual who has lived and breathed life embedded inside of a marketing team and understands well the ongoing trade-offs between time-pressured marketing initiatives and high-quality, professional design.
- Oversee execution of design for all marketing-driven initiatives
- Steward of brand and brand identity company-wide
- Creation and on-going maintenance of robust visual identity branding guidelines
- Responsible for scoping creative needs on a quarterly basis; scheduling and scoping additional resources as necessary
- Manage external agencies as required
- Proactively infuse the power of visual design into everything we do in marketing
- Manage library of visual assets for internal usage as well as by outside vendors
- Unafraid to push boundaries while understanding what it takes to reinforce consistency and brand
- Well-versed in the pace and needs of a marketing team
- Experienced with taking a single creative concept and making it work across multiple mediums
- Able to balance multiple ongoing projects with various stakeholders
- Unapologetically passionate about the power of visual storytelling
- A fantastic designer
- Not only a fantastic designer, but capable of creating amazing design under time pressure or in less than ideal circumstances
- Up to date on the latest design principles
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent in experience) in graphic design, media communications, or similar professional certification
- 15+ years of design, and/or digital media experience
- 10+ years of design within a marketing organization
- Experience working for a B2B SaaS or technology company or in an agency supporting technology clients
- Extensive experience using Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other up-to-date design tools and suites.
- Experience using digital content management systems is preferred.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office – especially powerpoint
- Organized self-starter who can proactively manage complex projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Up-to-date on the latest design trends and technology