Success | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
CrowdFlower is the essential human-in-the-loop AI platform for data science and machine learning teams. The CrowdFlower software platform trains, tests, and tunes machine learning models to make AI work in the real world. CrowdFlower’s technology and expertise supports a wide range of use cases including autonomous vehicles, intelligent personal assistants, medical image labeling, consumer product identification, content categorization, customer support ticket classification, social data insight, CRM data enrichment, product categorization, and search relevance.
Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by Canvas Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Industry Ventures, Microsoft Ventures, and Salesforce Ventures, CrowdFlower serves Fortune 500 and fast-growing data-driven organizations across a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.crowdflower.com
About the Role:
CrowdFlower seeks an experienced Engagement Management professional passionate about customer success, with a proven track record of delivering projects within time and budget expectations. A motivated and driven customer advocate, this person will sit in the Professional Services team and work closely with other groups within Customer Success, Sales, Product and Engineering teams to ensure we are monetizing and delivering services that provide value to customers.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and well-funded company on a rapid growth path. As one of the first hires in the newly formed Professional Services Group, the right motivated individual will have opportunities to grow quickly within the company but will need to show grit and be very hands on supporting customers with the product.
The Engagement Manager is ultimately responsible for successful delivery of both non-technical managed services and technical services projects to customers. Approximately 70-80% of customer projects will focus on providing managed services in terms of designing, building, monitoring and auditing CrowdFlower jobs on behalf of customers.
- Serve as the central point of contact for the customer, managing the client relationship, overseeing implementation and integration work on the account, and ensuring we meet or exceed customer expectations
- Work independently or lead small technical teams with CrowdFlower accounts to deliver the appropriate technical, non-technical and managed services
- Provide recommendations for strategies, solutions and best practices of using the CrowdFlower platform
- Deliver Platform Training to Customers being onboarded on the platform
- Own customer implementation projects, including full project management, team leadership, creation and maintenance of implementation documentation, and tracking timelines and deliverables.
- Understand customer objectives, scope out / document project requirements and clearly articulate value of non-technical and technical professional services solutions to prospects or existing customers in a pre-sales and post-sales capacity.
- Work closely with Sales and Customer Success Managers to educate customers on CrowdFlower services and solutions - includes conference calls, site visits, presentations, platform evaluations, proposals, and follow up on all customer related issues.
- Collaborate with Customer Success Managers to create and expand the customer relationship through exploration of the customer’s business.
- Create Statements of Work for existing and prospective CrowdFlower customers
- Manage multiple projects, priorities and deliveries within specified timelines and budgets.
- Provide constant and consistent feedback to internal stakeholders such as Customer Success, Sales, Product and Engineering teams on high value enhancements and process improvements.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of PS business processes and procedures to optimize speed, quality, efficiency, and delivery output.
- Work with the Director of Professional Services to build out PS operations, delivery methodology, processes and tools.
- Up to 25% travel required.
The Engagement Manager will leverage internal resources such as Solutions Consultants on the team and the partner ecosystem to deliver technical projects such as automating a multi-job workflow, creating custom UI’s, pre and post processing data through custom ETL or scripting, integrating CrowdFlower APIs to a third party system and etc.
- Proven Experience of Services Delivery and Engagement in the past with Managed Services or SaaS providers for over 5+ years
- Strong background working with Enterprise Software companies and/or Consulting companies - Demonstrated success developing client relationships
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong presentation and facilitation skills (proficiency in Visio, Word and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing thought leadership to sponsors/stakeholders in solving governance, program/project management, business process and/or technical problems
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Familiarity with SaaS deployments and its supporting architecture
- Proven track record of managing large clients on end-to-end - past Technical Account Manager, Delivery Manager, Engagement Manager experience a plus
- You have a desire to understand CrowdFlower’s technology in depth and be very hands on with the product.
- You embody grit, a core CrowdFlower value and take pride in executing on mundane tasks required for successful project delivery.
- You are an exceptional team player who thrives in a collaborative environment, motivating and growing those around you, but are self-driven and able to quickly take ownership of your own responsibilities and projects, working effectively both internally and with customers.
- You are highly organized and can prioritize multiple projects and priorities.
- You are unwaveringly positive, take direction well and accountable.
- You are a problem-solver with a strong focus on identifying technical and non-technical solutions to issues that arise.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and get cracking at the tasks if required, beyond purely managing the team
- A bachelor’s degree from a top university.
- You are willing and able to travel up to 20% and possibly more
- We are not able to sponsor a work visa for this role