Customer Success Manager
Success | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Figure Eight is the essential Human-in-the-Loop AI platform for data science and machine learning teams. The Figure Eight software platform trains, tests, and tunes machine learning models to make AI work in the real world. Figure Eight's technology and expertise supports a wide range of use cases including autonomous vehicles, intelligent personal assistants, medical image labeling, consumer product identification, content categorization, customer support ticket classification, social data insight, CRM data enrichment, product categorization, and search relevance.
Headquartered in San Francisco with a presence in Tel Aviv and backed by Canvas Venture Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Microsoft Ventures, Figure Eight serves data science teams at Fortune 500 and fast-growing data-driven organizations across a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.figure-eight.com.
Figure Eight (formally CrowdFlower) has recently undergone a major change. We're really excited about our new name as we help make AI work in the real world. We have several blog posts detailing this change (1, 2, and 3).
Who We Want
Figure Eight seeks an experienced leader passionate about customer success, with a proven track record for accelerating customers’ technology adoption, minimizing churn and growing enterprise accounts. A motivated and driven customer advocate, this person will sit on the Customer Success team and works closely with our sales, product and engineering teams to ensure our most complex customers realize the full benefit of the Figure Eight platform throughout their entire lifecycle.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and well-funded company on a rapid growth path. The right motivated individual will have opportunities to grow quickly with the company.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is responsible for managing a $3-5M book of business, achieving high customer retention rates within that customer base and ensuring that an environment for revenue expansion is possible. In addition, the CSM must align multiple internal functions and work across levels and functions within our enterprise customers to maximize the value that Figure Eight delivers.
- Accelerate customer platform adoption during the onboarding phase by
- Driving post-sales engagement, achievement of success criteria when applicable, and proactively identifying and managing risk areas.
- Ensuring proper internal alignment and customer communication to keep all deliverables on track.
- Anticipating and addressing issues that may arise and finding solutions that unblock and exceed customer expectations.
- Ensure customer retention by
- Working with the customer to understand, measure, and consistently deliver high ROI.
- Driving high utilization of the customer’s Figure Eight subscription.
- Driving the customer’s business transformation and operational excellence.
- Being the customer’s trusted advisor and advocate within Figure Eight.
- Collaborating and communicate across various Figure Eight teams to ensure problems are solved, meet and exceed success metrics.
- Grow product use within our customer base by
- Understanding and clearly communicating customer use cases, goals, business needs and opportunities to both our product and sales teams.
- Building strategic relationship across the enterprise organizations we serve.
- Arming Product with customer stories to accelerate product adoption and improve and expand product functionality to ensure immediate customer needs are consistently met and future goals aligned.
- Working with Sales to identify new use cases and support their efforts to expand usage within and across enterprises.
- Establish a repeatable and scalable engagement model for our Enterprise customer base by creating and driving process standardization and improvement within the CSM team.
- Bachelor's degree from a top university.
- Ability to dedicate 5 days a week in the office.
- Willingness to travel and meet customers up to 15% of the time.
- 3-5 years in a customer-facing role (CSM, Account Management, Sales) preferably at a SaaS company.
- Prior experience managing a portfolio of customers with total annual recurring revenue between $1 and $5 Million (i.e., ARR).
- Strong leadership skills to advocate cross functionally in behalf of customers.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving ability to unblock customers from business and technical issues.
- Willingness to learn core technology tools including but not limited to HTML/CSS, Liquid and SQL.
- A true passion for customers and for Customer Success with the ability to build strong relationships.
- Truly enjoys a dynamic startup environment where every day is different and each challenge is different.
- Can juggle multiple, very different tasks – an advanced customer wanting to leverage deep functionality today, onboarding a new customer tomorrow, partnering with sales on an upsell opportunity the next day. Each client may have very different use cases and specific needs, being able to stay organized and accomplish their goals is important to our success.
- Experience managing customers both large and small and knowing how and why to manage them differently.