Jr Loan Officer - Entry Level
Sales | Woodland Hills, CA | Full Time and Part Time
At Creative Home Mortgage (An American Dream Company), our unique values serve as a compass for our actions and are the foundation of our culture. We are expanding to an additional office located in the new Village location in 30 days and are looking to staff strong candidates immediately.
- We hire people with the ability to think creatively, who use inspiration and imagination to solve problems by looking at them from unexpected perspectives.
- We hire people with the ability to question assumptions and offer solutions that seem impossible; take calculated risks; take what might be seen as a problem and turn it into an opportunity; are able to bring paradigm shifts in product, processes or systems because of their thoughts and new ways of thinking; give feasible ideas and not just tangent thoughts.
The Sales Trainee position is an entry-level training position leading to the opportunity to advance to the Loan Officer position.
- Completing online and side-by-side trainings within the prescribed timelines
As the Sales Trainee successfully completes licensing and training, duties may include:
- Taking a complete, quality loan application, completing the Loan Officer checklist, securing a locked interest rate as quoted to the client, ensuring the borrower qualifies for the loan program, collecting all supporting documentation, and handling any problems that arise during processing that may jeopardize the loan approval.
- Ensuring quality is consistent with all company policies and procedures as well as meeting all regulatory requirements
- Continuing to develop and follow daily, weekly, monthly and annual plans.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 0-2 years’ sales experience
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills.
- Aptitude for self-development and learning
- Self-motivated with a drive to excel and the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Ability to gather data from multiple sources, test assumptions, evaluate alternatives and make recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to self-source business.
- Ability to work within a structure, take direction and be a strong team player.
- Demonstrated ability to use logic and analytical thinking
- Customer service orientation
- Computer literacy with average understanding and proficiency with MS Office software
- High level of integrity, ethics, discretion and professionalism in handling confidential and sensitive information