POP Project Engineer
Engineering | Lisle, IL | Full Time
Leading POP display and kiosk company in the western suburbs offering competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Position requires candidates who have strong engineering mindset, able to handle multiple projects. Able to take direction and run with the design generally by themselves, while consulting subject matter experts within department. Responsibilities will include:
- Design of electronic displays ranging from small enclosures for 19” monitors to large large outdoor fully integrated models.
- Large sheet metal in steel, stainless steel, aluminum materials.
- Mechanisms for hinges, load support, locks.
- LED lighting, electronics assembly, fans, heaters, integration.
- Indoor and outdoor environmental considerations for heat, wind, seismic, corrosion.
- Design for MFG, integration, installation.
- Aesthetic finishes, vinyl wrap, other material facades.
Once designs are complete, release drawings and documentation to shop floor to build prototypes or customer sales units. Hands on building of prototypes, testing, create reports. Design using SolidWorks, conduct FEA, use ERP system (IFS) on a day to day basis. Well-grounded in drafting standards. Good organizational and communication skills to manage dates and deliverables.
Work environment is fast paced with many new design opportunities and challenges. Friendly and supportive team environment within engineering group, as well as working closely with product management, manufacturing, and other areas throughout company. Great learning opportunity for the right candidate to grow knowledge base and skills.
- BSME or related degree
- 3-5 yrs.+ in product or machine design
- Strong CAD skills (SolidWorks preferred)
- U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder.
- Design experience for a large range of materials and manufacturing methods ranging from plastics, metals, wood working, metal forming / fabrication, molding, integrated electronics, mechanisms, corrugated, large format printing, graphics, et al.
- Well-established company offering plenty of career development/advancement opportunities, stability, and great benefits and compensation programs.