Manufacturing | Warrenville, IL | Full Time
A well-established manufacturer of metal products is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for process design, development and analysis, tooling design, capital equipment projects, and continuous improvement projects.
- Analyze production processes, update routings, process descriptions, troubleshoot casting and machining processes
- Design mold tooling, pattern equipment, machine fixtures and gauges, review and update existing drawings, change tolerances, maintain documentation
- Create 3D solid models and 2D drawings of tooling, fixtures, and gauges, as well as workstation and plant layouts in SolidWorks and other CAD software
- Run simulations to ensure proper mold flow
- Provide quotes and cost estimates for tooling and processes
- Provide technical support for production, machine shop, tool room and foundry personnel
- Study workplace and production processes and implement continuous improvement programs using Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies
- Assist in Quality Improvement projects, working to correct Root Causes of product defects
- Identify, justify and implement capital equipment projects.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- 1 - 5 years + experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency with SolidWorks, simulation and analysis software (FEA, CFD, etc.)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen
- Strong background in metal forming, fabrication, and machining.
- Metallurgical knowledge
- Well over 100 years of success and being an industry leader leads to high employee retention and low employee turn-over. Along with this, the company offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits packages and loads of career growth potential. Paid on-the-job training, continuous development programs, and education assistance are other ways they invest in their employees.