Machine Design Project Engineer
Engineering | Lisle, IL | Full Time
A wonderful opportunity to join a global company headquartered in the western Chicago suburbs!! Heavy equipment and machinery company with over 100 years of continued success.
Machine Design Project Engineer to work from concept, engineering and design, through to Manufacturing and Production assistance, as well as sales and customer support.
- Work with sales and clients on machine/system requirements and specifications, and produce conceptual design.
- Perform 2D & 3D design of complete machines/systems, components, assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Complete documentation of design, BOMs, supply chain, and production of machinery and equipment.
- Work with production and manufacturing to ensure product quality and manufacturability.
- Communicate with clients throughout projects updating on costs and timelines, and to provide technical support.
- Assist in product testing and analysis.
- Work with R&D to continuously improve current product lines and engineering design processes.
- BSME + 5 to 12 years of experience in machine / automated equipment design and development.
- Proficiency in 2D & 3D design software (preferably SolidWorks & AutoCAD).
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills
- International company headquartered in the western Chicago suburbs with over 100 years of success, offering highly competitive compensation and benefits packages, as well as career development potential.