Engineering | Crystal Lake, IL | Full Time
Join a team that that values its employees and is passionate about their customers. Leading global manufacturer of medical devices is seeking a Firmware Engineer to develop and document embedded software.
- Developing algorithms for the software/firmware for embedded electronics
- Develop and maintain documentation for medical devices and FDA 510k submittal.
- Develop code in C & C++ for 8 to 32 bit microcontrollers/processors for controlling/monitoring motors, sensors, and other components in the devices.
- Perform software Verification & Validation to maintain IEC 62304 standards for medical devices.
- Develop re-usable (modular) processes to FDA standards.
- Work with project team to take product through full cycle of development, concept through production.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related field with 5-10+ years
- Experience taking firmware/software development from concept through product launch.
- Software/firmware development for medical devices.
- Experience with FDA verification and validation of software/firmware.
- Knowledge of wireless communication protocols for BlueTooth, Wi-Fi, and other wireless applications.
- Coding for re-chargeable battery management.
Highly competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a wealth of opportunities for professional development.