SENIOR DIRECTOR OF ACQUISITION & MEDIA
Marketing | New York, NY | Full Time
Launched in early 2016, CoverWallet combines deep analytics, thoughtful design and state of the art technology to help small businesses with all their insurance needs. CoverWallet delivers a seamless user experience while offering savings, customized coverage and best-in-class service to their customers. In a matter of minutes, any business can get peace of mind, buying and managing their insurance, all through CoverWallet’s online platform. Backed by Union Square Ventures, Index Ventures, Highland Capital Partners, Founder Collective and Two Sigma Ventures, the company is actively disrupting the $100 Billion small business insurance market. CoverWallet won the 2017 Best Insurtech Solution from the Benzinga Awards and was recently named “One of the Most Entrepreneurial Companies in America” by Entrepreneur Magazine.
CoverWallet is seeking a Senior Director of Acquisition & Media to join the Marketing & Communications team. The ideal candidate will have previously held a role managing digital customer acquisition campaigns, with hands-on experience building search, social and display ad programs from scratch at a high growth company or media agency.
The role requires a highly analytical data-driven marketer with experience in ad-tech, real-time bidding, programmatic media buying, media planning and optimization of campaign performance. S/he will play a key role in the development of our data driven marketing campaigns across paid, owned and earned media types, ensuring media strategies and deliverables meet or exceed CoverWallet’s quality standards as well as CAC, ROI and lead gen strategic requirements.
The Senior Director of Acquisition & Media will work closely with our sales leadership and prospecting teams, as well as our Product and Engineering teams, in New York and Madrid.
- Launch and manage SEM, Social and Display advertising campaigns from scratch across various platforms (AdWords, Bing Ads, GDN, Doubleclick, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, RTB, etc).
- Manage all day-to-day operations including campaign setup, keyword research, audience segmentation, bid management, ad copy and landing page optimization.
- Track and analyze conversion metrics, multi-channel attribution tracking, and CAC vs LTVs. Develop and execute strategies that drive customer acquisition growth accordingly.
- Develop a “test-measure-learn” approach and identify channels best suited to reach our target audiences for effective media buying and planning.
- Seek out new strategically aligned media opportunities that efficiently deliver higher lead quantity, quality and ROI. Oversee selection and implementation of ad tech and media platforms.
- Drive innovation in process, automation, and scalability of customer acquisition media strategies.
- Work with product marketing and other stakeholders to ensure strong positioning and clear value propositions in all campaigns.
- Forecast, manage and optimize budget across media channels to achieve periodic lead and customer acquisitions growth goals.
- Manage the recruitment, retention and professional development of the media team.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience developing media planning and buying strategies, implementing and managing (all or most of) the following: AdWords, Bing, Display (GDN, Doubleclick, RTB), retargeting (Google, AdRoll, Criteo), Quora Ads, YouTube Ads, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, and Linkedin Ads.
- Deep understanding of web-based data, analytic tools (e.g. Google Analytics and Mixpanel) and metrics with a track record of distilling actionable insights to influence marketing decisions and grow a business. Familiarity with BI platforms, SQL, and common research data sources (e.g. comScore, Nielsen, Global Web Index) a plus.
- Highly analytical. Must be metrics-driven and skilled at analyzing complex data. Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment with multi-disciplinary teams. Extensive experience managing and motivating teams.
- Proactive, energetic self-starter who thrives on getting things done in a fast-paced environment. Superior project management skills and ability to successfully manage multiple initiatives in a deadline-driven environment. Demonstrated budget management, resource planning, opportunity assessment and prioritization experience.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and relationship management skills. High proficiency in English (oral and written) is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A Masters or advanced professional degree in Advertising, Marketing, or similar is preferred.