IT Support Engineer (Help Desk)
Information Technology | Rochester, NY | Full Time, Part Time, and Contract
CoverWallet is looking for a IT Help Desk to join our team in Rochester.
Who we are:
We’re a post Series B funded startup looking to reinvent the way small businesses understand, buy and manage their insurance. We’re just over two years old, and have raised $30 million from top tier VCs (Foundation Capital, Union Square Ventures, Two Sigma, Index Ventures, and Founder Collective), and have built an incredible team. You can read more about our approach in recent press:
What the IT Help Desk is All About:
We’re looking for an partial/full-time IT Support Engineer that provides technical assistance for our ~100 employees staff, in Rochester and Manhattan offices. We do also operate overseas in Europe. This person will work in a dynamic and fast-growing team, communicating via chat, email.
Sound good so far? Read on to see if you’re a fit.
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Provide 1st level technical support; answering support queries either via phone, email, or ticketing portal.
- Support users in the use of equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- Basic programming and support of legacy and VOIP desktop phones.
- Basic knowledge of security and data protection compliance programs.
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Provides appropriate communication to other technical support staff.
- Assist with management and tracking computer inventory.
- Associate’s degree in related technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional customer service skills, including outstanding oral, written and interpersonal communications
- Experience with VOIP, CRM and Access Control systems a plus.
- Knowledge of cloud based technologies and applications.
- Remote work capabilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team