DIRECTOR OF CRM
Marketing | New York, NY | Full Time
CoverWallet is looking for a passionate and seasoned Director of CRM expert to create, implement, manage, and optimize multi-channel strategies (email, push messaging, direct mail, loyalty programs, and more) with the goal of maximizing customer lifetime value and driving customer loyalty. Our young startup is headquartered in Cooper Square in New York City, and has recently added a fast growing office in the Rochester area.
Who we are:
We’re a startup that is quickly changing the way small businesses understand, buy, and manage their insurance. We are slightly over 2 years old, and have raised significant funding from top-tier VCs and built an incredible team. In two years we have grown into one of the largest (top 1%) insurance agencies in the country (as well as expansion internationally). We believe that we are the fastest growing insurtech company in the US. You can read more about our approach in the recent press:
At CoverWallet we take a data-driven, lifecycle relevant approach to develop a deeper understanding of our customers and better serve their needs, increase engagement, ensure retention, grow advocacy and drive sales growth (frequency and average order value). This role is responsible for all aspects of CRM at CoverWallet including campaign design, testing, reporting, and optimization.
- Develop and execute CRM strategies and communications in promotional, transactional, lifecycle, triggered and rewards-focused campaigns to drive growth and win-backs.
- Work in partnership with Product Marketing to develop a deep understanding of what resonates with our customers, create and implement cross-channel, end-to-end customer journeys.
- Optimize business rules that automate and drive content, triggers, audience segmentation, channel selection, creative messaging and communications cadence.
- Build and monitor testing scenarios tied back to customer success KPIs to regularly surface business analytics, timely and accurate insights to improve campaign responsiveness.
- Maintain high levels of data hygiene with fast-growing, high-volume lists and data from multiple sources, including our data warehouse and CRM tools.
- Own CRM KPIs, including deliverability, open rate, click rate, conversion rate, opt-out rate, revenue, as well as specific business goals around individual campaigns.
- Actively manage contact list size and health, target criteria selection, cohorts and segments to create relevant and engaging campaigns for customers.
- Constantly stay informed with best in a class acquisition, retention and advocacy practices.
- Quickly identify and troubleshoot any campaign performance issues, and drive successful resolutions. Approve, establish and enforce direct communication rules and restrictions.
- 6+ years email marketing and CRM experience, including multivariate testing, multi-channel direct messaging, and post-campaign analysis, with emphasis on B2B.
- Hands-on experience with an ESP/CRM or marketing automation platforms (Customer.io and Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus).
- Excellent project management skills with a bias towards action against goals, on-time delivery, and operational excellence.
- Expertise in email marketing best practices, trigger-based lifecycle programs, compliance regulations (e.g. CAN-SPAM), and deliverability.
- Proven track record of devising and developing CRM programs from the ground up.
- Deep analytical knowledge and experience reporting on campaigns, gleaning business insights, and doing data-based optimization.
- Ability to manage various projects at once in an ever-changing environment, balancing an intense attention to detail with swift execution, working well with and inspiring cross-functional teams.
- Passion for continuous improvement. Creative and self-starter.
Working with CoverWallet means:
You will receive a competitive base salary and have the chance to earn performance bonuses based on your team’s performance. We are a fast-paced, growing firm which is the perfect place for a goal-oriented, hardworking individual who is looking to make a difference. There are no dead-ends here, as we expect massive growth over the next few years, which means you can expect plenty of opportunities for advancement. You will get an “MBA” type of education as we are transparent and share our board presentations, KPIs/Metrics, and daily departmental updates with the entire team.
Are you on board so far? Great. Let’s chat if you:
- Are an excellent communicator--both written and verbal
- Have a type-A personality and like to solve puzzles
- Enjoy serving customers and aim to beat their expectations every-single-time
- Enjoy working on a team, but can also get it done on your own
- Bonus Round: You love technology as much as we do and can think outside of the box
For consideration, please submit a brief cover letter with your resume. In your cover letter provide salary requirements, the marketing tools (stack) you use and skill level.
We are an equal opportunity employer.