Hotel Executive Housekeeper and Inventory Specialist
Housekeeping | High Point, NC | Full Time
We are the Courtyard by Marriott located in High Point NC
We are in search of a success-driven person to lead our housekeeping department. The ideal candidate is energetic, able to multi-task and maintain superior levels of cleanliness in both the guest rooms and public areas. We are looking for someone who can set the example of excellence, work well with the team, both supervising and coaching their performance, and being courteous with hotel guests, anticipating their needs, and solving any problems.
Schedule must be flexible, weekend work is required, days off during the week. First-year holidays and shifts during inclement weather will be required. Prefer someone looking for a long-term commitment with a desire to grow further in management. Hours will vary between 40-50/week. Competitive Compensation & Benefits package will be offered.
2+ years HOTEL experience REQUIRED, please do not apply without hotel experience, you will not be set up for success without front desk, housekeeping, or some type of hotel service background.
- Clean Record & Ability to pass a drug test.
- Ability to use/operate two-way radio and basic computer knowledge
- The job requires full mobility and the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Oversee the department to see that things are getting done in a timely manner
- Ensuring that all guest rooms and public areas are cleaned properly
- Making weekly employee schedules based on projected occupancy
- Taking inventory of department supplies and linen so that we always have adequate supplies in
- Inspecting rooms to ensure adherence to company quality standards and to know that team is cleaning rooms properly
- Reports any maintenance repairs needed to Maintenance or AGM
- Cleans rooms when necessary
- Ensures team is trained on proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies and that these supplies are labeled correctly
- Acknowledge guests and be present to address any questions or concerns they have
- Work to motivate the team, make sure they are adequately trained so they can be successful
- We are NC family-owned and our management team is well established.
- All employees are eligible for the Marriott Discount program when traveling
- Paid vacation time for part-time and full-time team members after one year.
- Health Insurance available for full-time team members after the measurement period