Bistro/Restaurant/Starbucks | High Point, NC | Part Time
We are the Courtyard by Marriott located in High Point NC
Our Bistro Attendants are responsible for serving in our restaurant in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Guest Service/Point of Sale: Greets all guests in a courteous and friendly manner. Accurately and quickly
takes, enters, prepares, and delivers guest orders according to standards. Responds to guest needs and
provides the highest level of quality service. Assists other associates as needed to meet guest’s needs.
Effectively operates micros operating system and cash register. Follows all cash handling/POS procedures
to ensure accurate closing of all guest checks.
Counter Sales/Food Preparation: Responsible for answering all questions about menu items, specials, and
prices. Familiar with preparation methods and ingredients to meet guest’s dietary/allergy questions. Actively
up-sells food and beverage items to maximize revenue. Monitors and replenishes stock of prepared menu
items. Prepares all food in a timely manner, and operates the Turbo Chef according to standards.
Barista/Beverage Duties: Brews coffee and prepares coffee/other drinks according to the specific recipes.
Assists Bartender when necessary with serving alcoholic beverages, and follows local liquor laws.
Bussing/Cleaning: Responsible for disposal of garbage, picking up trays, re-stocking dishes on the line, and
clearing/wiping down tables and counter. Transfers full dish tubs to the dish room, and assists as needed
with washing dishes.
Paperwork: Completes all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Assists with inventory
complete inventory par sheets, and other responsibilities as needed.
Safety/Risk Management Maintains a clean and safe work area and handles all food/beverage in
compliance, brand, local, state, and federal regulations. Assists in maintaining sanitation and cleanliness of
the Bistro, kitchen, and dish room. Follows all appropriate procedures for guest/associate incidents.
Knowledgeable of hotel emergency procedures.
Self-Management: Produces the required volume of work by planning, organizing, and prioritizing work duties.
Adheres to grooming and appearance standards, and general work rules, and department procedures.
Attends all required department and hotel meetings.
- Must be dependable, honest, and respectful and be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work weekdays, weekends (Saturday and Sunday), and holidays
- Must have reliable transportation
- Previous restaurant experience is nice, but we are willing to train anyone with a great personality and willingness to learn
- We are NC family-owned and our management team is well established. Our company is opening hotels in Wilmington in the future so there may be opportunities to grow.
- All employees are eligible for the Marriott Employee Discount program when traveling
- Paid vacation time for part-time and full-time team members after one year.
- Health Insurance available for full-time team members after the measurement period