Veterinarian Office | Gainesville, FL | Full Time
We are looking for experienced veterinary technicians to join our family! We are passionate about providing affordable veterinary care and exceptional customer service. We love our patients, associates, and community. We offer competitive wages, exceptional benefits, and a great work/life balance. Apply today!
We are currently looking for a full-time experienced veterinary technician or a certified veterinary Technician (CVT) to assisting doctors with surgery, performing dental cleaning/dental x-rays, and wellness/sick exams.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide compassionate care to patients and clients.
- Conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner even when stressed and/or focused on individual tasks
- Understands all common vaccinations and vaccination protocols and can explain to clients.
- Maintains positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
- Gives SQ, IM and IV injections.
- Handle client’s medical questions with confidence and direct to veterinarians when appropriate.
- Understands usage, dosage, and common side-effects for commonly used prescription drugs and can readily explain them to the clients.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by the inventory control system.
- Assist the veterinarian in medical, surgical, and dental procedures; prepares patients for surgery; administers anesthesia; monitors patients during surgery and recovery; administers fluids.
- Perform emergency procedures such as control of bleeding, resuscitation with oxygen, opening airways, and external cardiac massage.
- Perform clinical laboratory procedures
- Place IV catheters
- Admit and discharge patients following hospital policy and doctors written orders
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties
- Minimum two years’ experience as veterinary technician or assistant
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Veterinary Technician Certification (CVT) desirable
- Takes a teamwork approach and communicates well with all levels of hospital team members
- Excellent client communication skills
- Ability to lift and carry animals up to 40 lbs (will be assisted by other staff members in lifting animals over 40 lbs)
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time; frequently works in a bent position.
- May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Discount in clinic and in Rural King Stores
- 401(k) Matching after vested
- Flexible Schedule
- 10 hour shift
- Monday through Friday
- Rotating Saturdays
- No Holidays