Finance | Oakland, CA | Full Time
About CoSo Cloud LLC:
CoSo Cloud is a global company based in Oakland, CA with office locations in San Diego, CA and in the Washington DC metro area. CoSo provides a secure private cloud platform with customized managed and professional services to distributed businesses and government agencies engaged in high-consequence virtual training and communication of mission critical information in real-time. CoSo is an authorized Adobe Connect® Gold partner and a leading eLearning services provider.
We are proud of our team of clever, experienced and dedicated employees who consistently inspire and motivate each other. Our competitive compensation, benefits and perks reflect the high value we place on our people. We are always looking to grow our team with people who share our values of open communication, integrity and a dedication to building products that delight our customers.
The successful candidate for this position will be working on the accounting team based in downtown Oakland, California.
We are looking for a detail-orientated Staff Accountant to join our finance team. Reporting to the Senior manager of Finance. The Staff Accountant will be motivated to learn and given opportunities to expand into all areas of accounting within this role. This is a crucial role that will assist in a broad range of transactional, reconciliation and other accounting activities. Key functions include assisting with Payroll, AP, AR, credit card reconciliations, and expense report processing. You will also assist with the month-end close and participate in strategic projects as the business continues to grow and expand. To succeed in this role, the Staff Accountant will require both effective communication skills and detailed organizational skills while ensuring timely follow through.
- Manage the accounts payable process and maintain good vendor relations
- Monitor and follow up on aging accounts receivables
- Post and reconcile credit card transactions ensuring compliance with corporate policy
- Reconcile bank statements
- Process and reimburse expense reports ensuring compliance with corporate policy
- Ensure semi-monthly payroll is processed in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with month-end close including posting journal entries and reconciling accounts to the general ledger
- Performs other duties & ad hoc projects as required or assigned by manager
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 0-2 years of experience required
- Strong Excel and MS Office skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced growing company, and can work independently
- Demonstrate ability to record accurately and pays attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus for all outside/inside facing customers of finance
- Healthcare Insurance
- Flexible Time Off
- 401(k) with company matching
- Flexible Schedule
- Casual Dress Code
It is the policy of CoSo Cloud LLC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated or other covered veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, CoSo Cloud will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.