Senior Software Engineer
Engineering | Remote, CA | Full Time
About CoSo Cloud LLC:
CoSo Cloud is an AASKI company based in Oakland with locations in New Jersey and the Washington DC metro area. CoSo provides trusted private cloud managed services to businesses and government agencies that need the highest reliability and security for their high-consequence virtual training and web conferencing. CoSo is an authorized Adobe Connect® Gold partner with a highly recognizable customer base of government agencies and large enterprises. Our customers depend upon us to transform their Adobe Connect platform with expert managed services and our private cloud services to support mission critical business use cases.
We are proud of our team of clever, experienced and dedicated employees who consistently inspire and motivate each other. Our competitive compensation, benefits and perks reflect the high value we place on our people. We are always looking to grow our team with people who share our values of open communication, integrity and a dedication to building products that delight our customers.
CoSo is a wholly owned AASKI Technology company, which provides professional services for planning, designing, implementing, securing, and managing highly complex, mission-critical networks and systems.
Senior Software Engineer
Reporting to the Chief Architect, the Senior Software Engineer will join a small, capable team prototyping and building core infrastructure and applications primarily used by our internal operations team to support our CoSo Secure Private Could managed services platform. The SSE can be located anywhere in the continental U.S.
- Writes server-side code, principally in Java
- Develops cutting-edge applications that manage our hosted applications, and also provide reporting and visibility to our customers for their applications on our platform
- Works closely with the Data Center operations team located at AASKI headquarters in New Jersey
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelors or equivalent; Masters or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 7 years software development experience
- Demonstrated experience coding customer-facing applications
- Demonstrated experience writing software tools used by operations teams is preferred
- Strong experience with small, nimble self-motivated development teams
- Strong experience coding in Java, and at least one other programming language
- Strong SQL experience
- Comfortable working with both *nix and Windows
- Strong experience with open-source software; a public history of contributing to open-source projects is preferred
- U.S. Citizenship required. Candidate will need to have an HSPD-12 backround check
- The job location is flexible
- Healthcare Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with company matching
- Flexible Schedule
- Casual Dress Code
- Along with their application, candidates must provide links to code they have written hosted on GitHub or an equivalent public repository (if required, the hiring manager can sign an NDA before accessing the code)
It is the policy of CoSo Cloud LLC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated or other covered veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, CoSo Cloud will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.