Senior Software Engineer
Engineering | Remote, CA | Full Time
About CoSo Cloud LLC:
CoSo Cloud is an AASKI company based in Oakland with other locations in New Jersey and the Washington DC metro area. CoSo provides trusted private cloud managed services to businesses and government agencies that need the highest reliability and security for their high-consequence virtual training and web conferencing. CoSo is an authorized Adobe Connect® Gold partner with a highly recognizable customer base of government agencies and large enterprises. Our customers depend upon us to transform their Adobe Connect platform with expert managed services and our private cloud services to support mission critical business use cases.
We are proud of our team of clever, experienced and dedicated employees who consistently inspire and motivate each other. Our competitive compensation, benefits and perks reflect the high value we place on our people. We are always looking to grow our team with people who share our values of open communication, integrity and a dedication to building products that delight our customers.
CoSo is a wholly owned AASKI Technology company, which provides professional services for planning, designing, implementing, securing, and managing highly complex, mission-critical networks and systems.
Senior Software Engineer
Reporting directly to the Chief Architect, the Senior Software Engineer will join a small, capable and nimble team prototyping and building core infrastructure and applications that are used both by our internal operations team to support our CoSo Secure Private Cloud managed services platform, and also to provide back-end functionality for customer-facing applications.
The ideal candidate will have a start-up mindset and be able to work creatively and effectively under conditions of considerable autonomy. This is not a position for a candidate who needs close supervision, but for someone who works better with a manager who is a mentor.
The SSE can be located anywhere in the continental U.S.
- Writes server-side code, principally in Java, although the candidate will be able to influence coding language choices
- Develops cutting-edge applications that manage our hosted applications, and provide reporting and visibility to our customers for their applications on our platform
- Works closely with the Data Center operations team in keeping our applications available and our customers happy
- Grows in responsibility over time, including mentoring more junior developers
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelors or equivalent; Masters or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 7 years of software development experience
- Demonstrated experience building customer-facing applications
- Demonstrated experience writing software tools used by operations teams is preferred
- Strong experience with small, nimble self-motivated development teams
- Strong experience coding in Java, and at least one other programming language
- Strong experience writing server-side APIs, and working closely with client developers writing applications that consume those APIs
- Strong SQL experience; experience with NoSQL databases also strongly desired
- Comfortable working with both *nix and Windows
- Strong experience with open-source software; a public history of contributing to open-source projects is preferred
- Must be a U.S Citizen and capable of obtaining an HSPD-12 clearance
Tips on impressing the hiring manager with your application for this position:
- Resumes that list every technology you’ve ever worked with are discouraged. The candidate will be someone who can pick up new technologies quickly, and their resume will show their flexibility and adaptability
- If your resume isn’t a perfect fit for this job (for example, if your work experience is mostly with bigger companies rather than start-ups), you are encouraged to write a short cover letter explaining why this position would be ideal for you. Your goal should be to communicate why you want this job, not just a job.
- If you can, please include a link to a public repository that contains some of your code (for example, on GitHub)
- Healthcare Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with company matching
- Flexible Schedule
- Casual Dress Code
It is the policy of CoSo Cloud LLC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated or other covered veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, CoSo Cloud will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.