DevOps Database Administrator
Cloud Operations | Remote - Work at Home | Full Time
About CoSo Cloud LLC:
CoSo Cloud is an AASKI company based in Oakland with locations in New Jersey and the Washington DC metro area. CoSo provides trusted private cloud managed services to businesses and government agencies that need the highest reliability and security for their high-consequence virtual training and web conferencing. CoSo is an authorized Adobe Connect® Gold partner with a highly recognizable customer base of government agencies and large enterprises. Our customers depend upon us to transform their Adobe Connect platform with expert managed services and our private cloud services to support mission critical business use cases.
We are proud of our team of clever, experienced and dedicated employees who consistently inspire and motivate each other. Our competitive compensation, benefits and perks reflect the high value we place on our people. We are always looking to grow our team with people who share our values of open communication, integrity and a dedication to building products that delight our customers.
CoSo is a wholly owned AASKI Technology company, which provides professional services for planning, designing, implementing, securing, and managing highly complex, mission-critical networks and systems.
WORK FROM HOME POSITION BASED IN OHIO OR NORTH CAROLINA. The Development Operations DBA will work on a team to develop and customize capabilities for our data center infrastructure including both the creation of new automation, architecture, and systems capabilities as well as the on-call, reactive response procedures, escalations, and maintenance activities of development operations. The Development Operations DBA role will be responsible for the design and development of data solutions to include: architecture design, prototyping of concepts to proof of concept, development of standards, code and module design, development and testing, data solution debugging. The Development Operations DBA will influence and technically lead projects as knowledge of the CoSo Cloud environment is achieved.
A successful Development Operations DBA will participate in multiple technical projects with strong attention to detail and effective communication to update on progress and influence the outcome. They will have the skill to contribute to the success of the organization and have a willingness to help others accomplish their goals. This candidate will be in a position to facilitate effective coordination between the Development Operations team and other functional teams in the company.
- Perform operationalization of products and tools, including development and documentation of runbooks
- Develop new automation processes.
- Complete project related tasking including; Working with project managers to determine scope for technical projects.
- Plan and execute technical change
- Develop a deep understanding of CoSo Cloud tools and products.
- Participate in professional services engagements.
- On-call rotation for 24x7x365 coverage
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to apply for, obtain, and maintain Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12) compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related subject; or equivalent job experience
- 5+ years of experience in a technical operations / database engineering role
- Experience in a 24x7x365 on-call role
- Strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills, and root cause analysis
- Knowledge and practice with database technologies including: Microsoft SQL and MYSQL.
- Knowledge and practice with automation and concepts
- Self-starter, a relentless self-learner who thrives in a highly dynamic environment
- Track record of ownership and responsibility for production systems
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and, and written and verbal communication
- Strong technical writing skills
- Healthcare Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with company matching
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Education Reimbursement
It is the policy of CoSo Cloud LLC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated or other covered veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, CoSo Cloud will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.