Consulting and Strategy | Silver Spring, MD | Full Time
Cook Ross is a Silver Spring, Maryland-based consulting firm with a 30-year history of advancing inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA) in organizations, communities, and the world. Our clients include Fortune 100 corporations, U.S., and global healthcare companies, public and private universities and colleges, federal and state agencies, non-profits, and foundations. Every day we partner with these innovative and influential organizations to solve their most complex and challenging issues–from disrupting bias to driving inclusive leadership and large-scale culture change initiatives.
We are seeking one Senior Consultant to join our Consulting and Strategy team. In this position, you will play a leading role in the evolution of the Cook Ross brand, as we meet the challenges of this moment and grow into the future. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional with a passion for making workplaces more inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible. This position works remotely.
The purpose of the Senior Consultant is to serve as a project lead and experienced practitioner who is knowledgeable in diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at the intersection of human capital and organization development. The Senior Consultant is responsible for understanding the client’s needs and leading two and three-person teams to design and deliver fit-for-purpose solutions to clients. The Senior Consultant actively engages to support the organizational revenue goals and generate growth with potential clients. The Senior Consultant acts as a subject matter expert, contributes to thought leadership and new organization ideas. Additionally, the Senior Consultant assists with the development of team members.
Deliver Client/Project services and solutions 70%
- Lead project teams and the design, development, and delivery of IDEA organizational assessments and strategy, and client workshop experiences.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the areas of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA), people, and organizational performance.
- Apply consulting mixed-methods research approach, tools, strategies, and frameworks needed to meet the demands of projects.
- Leverage solid functional knowledge in both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Design, deliver, and lead the development of deliverables and ancillary client collateral (i.e., current state assessments, strategy, change and communications plan, strategy lab, learning, and training curriculum delivery).
- Lead and manage the client experience through the stages of the Client Life Cycle.
- Deliver high-quality work and conduct final Quality Assurance Reviews of assigned client work products.
- Identify opportunities to expand product and service offerings when no current product or service exists to meet assigned client requirements.
- Collaborate with the Director of Line of Business (LoB) and Consultants to define and communicate objectives, requirements, project scope, execution, and close-out of project plans.
- Provide subject matter expertise, delivering keynotes and training to high-priority or high-risk audiences, and support in the review of content creation.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to client project team members to assist with the management of client service delivery.
- Monitor developments and new research in diversity and inclusion, organizational development, and talent management industries to identify proven practices, key risks, and opportunities for the company.
- Ensures the management of complete and accurate data for assigned clients on internal reporting systems, to ensure client relationship management and knowledge management practices.
- Actively manages and monitors client/team resourcing, invoicing, time tracking and expenses and utilization, in collaboration with the Director Line of Business.
- Monitors client opportunities, assignments, and calendars to ensure individual capacity is optimized, performance and client goals are met.
- Identifies challenges, seeks guidance and ensures effective client delivery and resource management in collaboration with the Director of Line of Business.
- Review consulting practices, resources challenges, and align talent learning and development activities.
Support Business Development Initiatives 10%
- Contribute to the scoping, development, and maintenance of business proposals, integrated account plans for assigned clients, under the direction of the LoB Director.
- Identify opportunities to expand our work with assigned clients to catalyze, reinforce, and sustain organizational transformation.
- Partner with LoB Director and Business Development to create client pitches and proposals to expand our work with assigned clients.
- Develop and maintain integrated account plans for assigned clients, with the support of the Line of Business lead, Project Consultant, and Principal Consultant(s).
Optimize and Enhance Operational Processes 10%
- Contribute to practice development initiatives including culture building, eminence, solution development, research, and thought leadership.
- Maintain and accurately update data in the organizations' Client Relationship Management Tool, Time tracking, and Knowledge Management systems.
- Monitor, Report, and Track organizational KPI’s associated with the assigned line of business.
- Coordinate and support Quality Assurance Reviews of assigned client work products and services.
- Collect metrics and data that assist in measuring performance, quality, and customer satisfaction.
Personal Development 10%
- Actively leads and executes personal performance (KPIs) and career development (plan) goals.
- Actively extend empathy, assist in solving project problems, and give or accept colleague feedback.
Critical Working Relationships & Interfaces
- The Senior Consultant actively collaborates with the LoB Director, and the Consulting and Strategy team members to deliver services and products, and partnership with the Client Services team.
- Actively collaborates with both business development and contracting functions to complete and confirm client scope of work
- Relies on Salesforce Opportunity data to obtain visibility into Projects Scope and Projected Revenue
- Partners with Resourcing function to understand the available pool of individuals, team member capabilities, and availability
- Resourcing Requests
- Salesforce Project and Opportunity Records are accurate
- Proficient with tracking Project deliverables and budget
- Project-specific deliverables (i.e. current state assessments, strategy, and plans, change, and communications plan, strategy labs, learning. and training courseware delivery)
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of exp., Master's degree preferred with 5+ years of exp.
- 8+ years conducting organization/people assessments
- 8+ years designing and developing organizational strategy
- 5+ years in a leadership position within an organization
- Strong proficiency demonstrated with Excel, PowerPoint, and copy editing
Knowledge & Skills:
- Solid functional knowledge, including assessment, strategy, project management, talent management, and communications
- Ability to work collaboratively in a consultative role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate advanced data analysis into common concepts understandable by all
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated conceptual & critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability with developing research questions and research design
- 5+ years in Human Resources related function (Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, Compliance, Talent Management, HR Business Partner)
- 3+ years in management consulting (Human Capital, Change Management, Organization Development)
- Experience with various Human Capitol systems (i.e., PeopleSoft, Kenexa, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience in delivering innovative solutions in support of Diversity and Inclusion strategies
- Ability to work full-time in our Silver Spring, MD office
- Relocation is not available
- Our employees are our greatest asset, and we believe in and value our employees. We recognize that employees must work in an environment that supports their life goals.
- Purpose filled mission
- Passionate team culture
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Offers remote work (Due to COVID-19, Cook Ross temporarily works remotely.)
- To learn more about Cook Ross, visit our website at https://cookross.com/join-us/. If you match the criteria above and are ready to work for a fast-paced and mission-driven organization, we invite you to share your interest by applying for the position.