Consulting and Strategy | Silver Spring, MD | Full Time
Cook Ross is a Silver Spring, Maryland-based consulting firm with a 30-year history of advancing inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA) in organizations, communities, and the world. Our clients include Fortune 100 corporations, U.S., and global healthcare companies, public and private universities and colleges, federal and state agencies, non-profits, and foundations. Every day we partner with these innovative and influential organizations to solve their most complex and challenging issues–from disrupting bias to driving inclusive leadership and large-scale culture change initiatives.
We are seeking a Consultant with subject matter expertise in diversity, equity, inclusion, and organization development. This role is responsible for understanding the client’s unique needs and delivering solutions that result in an outstanding client experience.
The ideal candidate is a skilled facilitator and/or trainer who thrives in fast-paced environments and is intrinsically motivated to complete work with excellence. This position requires the ability to manage multiple client projects, and retain meaningful relationships ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, in scope, and within budget.
- Facilitate and lead Cook Ross signature training and educational programs (in the areas of bias, inclusive leadership, race and equity, and micro-behaviors)
- Actively participate in the ideation (and improvement of) our products
- Build, maintain and strengthen our relationships with clients
- Contribute to Cook Ross’ thought leadership by sharing wisdom, knowledge, and insightful industry expertise via published articles, white papers, industry briefings, research reports, blogs, podcasts, and digital video content
A successful candidate for the Consultant level role at Cook Ross will have the following characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Exceptional training and facilitation skills using virtual platforms
- 3+ years as a trainer and/or facilitator working with diverse groups of participants at all levels of the organization and across different organizational functions
- 2+ years’ experience in corporate training or adult education
- 2+ years’ experience implementing DEI solutions in a corporate environment, preferred
- Passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Demonstrated skills leading and engaging in complex conversations about race, power, and privilege with humility, grace, and self-awareness
- Knowledge and experience facilitating diversity, equity, and inclusion learning and change processes that bring about system-wide organizational transformation
- Demonstrated ability to scope and develop client solutions to secure business preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of account planning and client relationship management
- Independent and self-directed individual with an entrepreneurial mindset and desire to strategically grow client work preferred
- Strong organization, project management skills, and proven accountability in managing deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and collaborate to achieve results
- Ability to influence, motivate and coach others to work collaboratively and effectively, including virtually
- Excellent negotiation, conflict management, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience speaking in front of large audiences as well across all levels of an organization
- Proficient in MS Office programs, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Familiarity with Salesforce and virtual delivery platforms (i.e., Zoom, WebEx, etc.) preferred
- Our employees are our greatest asset, and we believe in and value our employees. We recognize that employees must work in an environment that supports their life goals.
- Purpose filled mission
- Passionate team culture
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time post-COVID (when it is safe)
- To learn more about Cook Ross, visit our website at www.cookross.com. If you match the criteria above and are ready to work for a fast-paced and mission-driven organization, we invite you to share your interest by applying for the position.