Client Engagement | Silver Spring, MD | Full Time
Cook Ross Inc. is a Silver Spring, Maryland-based consulting firm that proudly has as its mission a commitment to transform the world to be more inclusive, one organization at a time. We are industry known thought leaders and innovators, having been internationally recognized for our research and work that explores the inherent human tendency toward bias, and how this consciously and unconsciously impact the way employees, vendors, and customers from different backgrounds all relate to each other.
Our partner clients include Fortune 100 corporations, U.S. and global healthcare companies, public and private universities and colleges, federal and state agencies, non-profits and foundations, as well as fast-growth specialized firms that are creating extraordinary breakthroughs in their industries. Every day we work with our partner clients to solve the most complex and challenging issues they are facing today – whether it be disrupting bias, driving inclusive leadership, large-scale culture change initiatives, talent management, coaching and mentoring programs, and designing custom and market-ready e-Learning and support products that support an organization’s entire learning ecosystem.
Our company’s growth has been significant over the past six years having grown to be more than 40 full time employees in addition to a full bench of consultant partners geographically dispersed around the world. To further support our growth plans, Cook Ross is seeking a Resource Manager to add to our Client Engagement team to grow and expand our reach with existing and new clients seeking greater inclusion and equity in their organizations.
The purpose of the Resource Manager role is to collaborate with the Client Engagement leader, Lines of Business leaders and Business Development to meet current and future client staffing needs. This role is responsible for recommending appropriate talent resources to Lines of Business Leaders, Project Managers and Project Consultants under the guidance of resource management deployment guidelines and/or the Managing Principal, to ensure the appropriate deployment of consultants and other team members for client engagements. This role makes assignments, tracks, monitors and manages utilization, and communicates mission critical changes in resource allocation and availability to these key stakeholders and in partnership as needed with the Managing Principal for Client Engagement.
- Focuses on the creation, dissemination, and tracking of regularly scheduled resource reports and trains team members on new policies and procedures related to the talent deployment systems and processes.
- Makes recommendations to the Managing Principal of Client Engagement and Leaders of the Lines of Business on the assignment of team members for new and existing client assignments.
- Makes recommendations to the Managing Principal of Client Engagement and leads for the Lines of Business Leaders on the assignment of facilitators and other team members for individual projects.
- Tracks and manages talent utilization and billing targets for the company; generates and disseminates weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting as requested to monitor strategic staffing across the organization
- Partners with Salesforce Administrator team member ensuring system changes are implemented and Salesforce is operating at an optimal level and its functioning aligns to the resource management strategy
- Regularly and proactively engages with the Managing Principal of Client Engagement, Lines of Business Leaders and the Business Development team members to understand current and future resource demands to inform resource planning for accurate projections and resource deployment.
- Collaborates with the Managing Principal of Client Engagement & the Line of Business Leaders in planning to ensure talent resource supply meets demand and supports organizational goals including talent utilization targets and profitability
- Establishes practices to assign consultants and facilitators to client engagements and monitors the quality of client services delivered.
- Establishes and maintains a consultant Database of team member areas of expertise, skill levels, experience, and availability to allow for rapid identification of talent resources to meet client needs. Brings experience or skill and competency gaps to the attention of the Managing Principal for resolution.
- Actively leads and executes personal performance (KPIs) and career development (plan) goals
- Actively extends empathy, assists in solving project problems and gives or accepts colleague feedback
- 1+ years of resource management or staffing related experience
- Familiarity with Salesforce Platform, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to design and build a resource management model for a small (under 50 employees and less than two dozen “regularly active” consultants) and in a fast-growing organization based on previous work experience
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently or with multiple stakeholders to troubleshoot issues that arise
- Passion for people and demonstrated ability to make assignments with consideration for talent capacity, skills, experience, and interests, and the well-being of the talent being deployed
- Knowledge and understanding of account planning and client relationship management
- Independent and self-directed individual with an entrepreneurial mindset and desire to strategically grow client work
- Working knowledge of change management and strategic HR talent management practices
- Strong organization, project management skills and proven accountability in managing deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and collaborate to achieve results
- Ability to influence and motivate others to work collaboratively and effectively, including virtually
- Excellent negotiation, conflict management, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience speaking in front of large audiences as well across all levels of an organization
- Proficient in MS Office programs, PowerPoint, Word and other Microsoft Suite programs;
- Familiarity with Salesforce Platform desirable.
Our employees are our greatest asset and we believe in and value them. We recognize that employees must work in an environment that supports their life goals. Therefore, we offer an attractive total compensation package that includes:
- A competitive salary
- An attractive medical, dental, and vision plan, 75% employer paid.
- Contributions made to a health savings account
- 401(k) Contributions
- Nine paid holidays, including the week between December 24 and January 1, company paid
- Contributions to aid with transit and parking fees
- Paid vacation and sick days away from work
- Paid personal time off
- Paid volunteer hours off
- Charitable donation matching
- An educational/professional development stipend
To learn more about Cook Ross, visit our website at www.cookross.com. If you match the criteria above and are ready to work for a fast-paced and mission driven organization, we invite you to share your interest by applying for the job.