Project Management Office (PMO) | Silver Spring, MD | Full Time
The Project Management Office (PMO) at Cook Ross is responsible and accountable for partnering with the Consulting Team on client contracted projects and engagements. The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute and ensure successful delivery and completion of projects. This includes coordinating efforts of internal team members with our clients, managing logistics, creating project timelines and scope of work documents, as well as overseeing quality control. The successful candidate will be expected to build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, consultants, team members, and other vendors involved in the execution of our client engagements. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, occasionally handle short turnaround assignments, and fully embrace the use of project management technology and applications in the planning and execution of projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with client and then manage to delivery of contract requirements given delivery schedule, budget, and resource availability.
- Create contracts with clients on new engagements, which could include subcontracting with external consultants to deliver on work
- Create detailed project timelines and work plans which identify and sequence the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Ensure project data, updates, and metrics are uploaded into appropriate project management technologies and applications in order to accurately predict project outcome, team performance, and ensure delivery of successful projects
- Establish a communication schedule for complex projects intended to update internal and external stakeholders and appropriate project members on the current status of projects
- Work with the Consulting Lead to determine the resources required to successfully complete the project requirements
- Coordinate project kick off meetings in collaboration with the Lead Consultant to review planning guidelines, align and engage all stakeholders, and set the tone for a successful project.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Execute and maintain the project according to the project plan/scope of work
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date and that the project deliverables are completed on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Participate in active conversations and feedback sessions as well as conduct surveys to gather client feedback and determine customer satisfaction throughout the life cycle of the project.
Adaptability – Embraces change and maintains a positive attitude under pressure when experiencing change or challenges in the workplace; performs a wide variety of tasks and can change focus quickly as demands shift; manages transitions from task to task effectively and adapts to varying customer needs.
Communication - Conveys information and ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in written format to differing stakeholder levels; listens well and asks questions to ensure understanding; asks others for their opinions and feedback and demonstrates integrity, openness and honesty in their communication.
Customer Service – Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them appropriately. Listens effectively to customer questions and concerns, uses a team approach in resolving customer concerns, and is responsive and engages in continuous follow up to ascertain and evaluate customer satisfaction.
Teamwork & Collaboration – Works harmoniously with others to get the job done; shares critical information with everyone involved in a project; works effectively on projects that cover multiple department lines; helps to set a tone of cooperation within the work group and across different stakeholder groups.
Productivity & Self-Management - Able to manage multiple projects and determine project urgency and priorities in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted timeframes; creates detailed action plans and uses goals to guide one’s actions and set project priorities; organizes and schedules people and tasks effectively.
Accountability - Assumes responsibility for successfully accomplishing work objectives and delivering business results; assesses risks that could prevent successful results and takes steps to mitigate these risks; takes personal ownership for actions and decisions that contribute to the organization’s success and demonstrates ethical, efficient and cost-effective commitment in conducting their work.