Client Services | Silver Spring, MD | Full Time
Cook Ross Inc. is a Silver Spring, Maryland-based consulting firm specializing in diversity, inclusion, leadership development, and organizational change management. We are proud to have as our mission a commitment to transform the world to be more inclusive, one organization at a time.
Founded in 1989, Cook Ross has for many years provided powerful solutions through consulting, training, and online products to thousands of organizations across the United States and around the world. We are thought leaders and innovators in our field, having been internationally recognized for our research and work that explores the inherent human tendency toward bias, and how this consciously and unconsciously impact the way employees, vendors, and customers from different backgrounds all relate to each other.
Our company’s growth has been significant over the past six years having grown from 10 employees to more than 40, and over 380% increase in revenue in that time period. To further support our growth plans, Cook Ross is looking for a Project Manager (PM) is responsible for ensuring that the company consistently exceeds client expectations. As a key client-facing team member, the PM is charged with overseeing all aspects of client engagements within an assigned portfolio. Being a key liaison, the PM manages day to day communications between the client and the Cook Ross client team. In addition to ensuring a consistently high-quality and timely delivery of contracted agreements, the PM functions as a Cook Ross brand ambassador, responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships both internally and externally.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Client Services Delivery
- Support the Lead Consultant by developing and managing project plans (including resources, schedules, and milestones) in accordance with the project scope
- Where no Lead Consultant is assigned, shape project scope; develop and manage project plans; implement resource strategies; source schedules to ensure workforce coverage
- Manage and ensure all aspects of client contract are upheld regarding scope of delivery, budget, timeline, required deliverables
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, in scope and within budget
- Develop detailed project plans, delivery schedules, and milestone markers to track progress throughout the project lifecycle
- Manage and mitigate risk; report and escalate concerns to Lead Consultant and/or Portfolio Lead
- Coordinate internal and external resources in support of project execution
- Serve as primary point of contact for external consultants
- Coordinate communication between the client and all stakeholders
- In coordination with the Portfolio Lead and other Client Teams within the portfolio, manage tasks assigned to Client Services Associates
- Manage all closing out workflows, including engagement surveys, and following up on additional needs of the client
- Assist Finance in invoice administration.
- Assist Portfolio Leads Manage and track customer contracts and PO’s
- Track and maintain all client activity budgets and project financials
- Participate in the business development process by identifying resource needs and sketching project timeline
- Support with business development expansion activities including proposal writing, resource availability, timeline and meeting coordination
- Three to five years of program/project/engagement management experience
- Ability to manage multiple short and long-term engagements through all aspects of a project life cycle
- Excellent client communication, written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated client relationship management experience, possessing Salesforce experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Our employees are our greatest asset and we believe in and value our employees. We recognize that employees must work in an environment that supports their life goals. Therefore, we offer an attractive compensation package that includes:
- A competitive salary
- An attractive medical, dental, and vision plan, 80% employer paid.
- Contributions made to your health savings account
- 401K with a matching
- Nine paid holidays, including the last week of December off, company paid.
- Contributions to aid with transit and parking fees.
- Paid birthday off
- Paid volunteer hours off
- Charitable donation matching
- A professional development stipend
- Great coffee, tea, and snacks
To learn more about Cook Ross, visit our website at www.cookross.com. If you match the criteria above and are ready to work for a fast-paced and mission driven organization, we invite you to share your interest by applying for the job.