Client Services | Silver Spring, MD | Full Time
Who and what is Cook Ross? The ideal candidate would have done their own research. Our Website provides a host of information (www.cookross.com) But in case you haven’t: Cook Ross Inc. is a fast-growing, Silver Spring based consulting firm whose mission is to provide powerful solutions to organizations in the areas of diversity and inclusion, cultural competency, leadership development, and organizational change management. We are looking for diverse, intelligent, and interesting candidates capable of managing a multi-faceted workload in a timely manner. In other words, we want people who are mission-oriented, work hard, get results, and are interested in transforming the world one organization at a time.
We are in search of a Portfolio Lead who can manage a book of business focused on client industry segmentation. The position is responsible for achieving annual portfolio revenue goals and delivering to contract expectations and client satisfaction. In addition the person in this role will manage a team of consultants, project managers and associates and is responsible for guiding the project teams within their respective portfolio in the day-to-day client interactions, providing team member coaching, and designing process improvements. The Portfolio Lead will maintain client service delivery targets that includes face-to-face client interactions and support. Following are the responsibilities expected in the role and the expected percentage of time the lead will spend within each responsibility category defined.
Portfolio Planning and Development - 50%
- Develop a portfolio management strategy that supports organizational goals
- Oversee integrated account planning, project management, and client experience management for assigned clients
- Identify and leverage opportunities to expand our work with assigned clients to catalyze, reinforce, and sustain organizational transformation
- Lead quarterly portfolio review to identify changes in the portfolio that may impact the organization’s strategic and revenue goals
- Drive accountability by monitoring and managing key metrics and business outcomes across the portfolio, including client satisfaction, revenue and utilization goals, accounts receivable, and time to invoice
- Define key performance and quality metrics for client teams
- Monitor client team performance and quality, give feedback, and drive corrective action as necessary
- Oversee and exercise quality assurance for the creation of formal and informal proposals to expand our work with assigned clients
- Ensure client team maintain complete and accurate data for assigned clients on internal reporting systems, to include client relationship management and knowledge management systems
Team Management and Development – 20%
- Provide direction and leadership to portfolio team members; guides and coaches team members in completion of their responsibilities
Client Services Delivery — 20%
- Deliver training and consulting services to high-priority audiences in accordance with established project plans, including: in-person and virtual learning experiences, strategic planning, assessment, and systems-level consulting
- De-escalate client experience breakdowns and mitigates project risks
Market Development – 10%
- Present at conferences, meetings, and other events
- Support the Learning and Innovation team in the design and development of products and services to meet current or future portfolio needs
- At least seven years of direct D&I or related experience, preferably at a high-growth management consulting environment. Deep understanding of D&I practices
- Must be an independent and self-directed manager
- Team-oriented individual with the ability to lead, motivate and coach a high-performing team and to work collaboratively and effectively, including virtually
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of account planning, client relationship management, financial management and planning, quality management principles, full life-cycle talent management processes and methodologies.
- Cook Ross offers an innovative environment with a state-of-the-art office space bubbling over with passionate and professional employees. Many who visit the corporate office are in awe of our office space and fall in love with the concept. We strive everyday to live up to our Core Values - Authenticity, Passion, Integrity, Inner Work, Generosity, and Diversity & Inclusion and are looking for other professionals who will contribute to those values.