Operations | Silver Spring, MD | Full Time
Are you looking to work in and contribute to an environment filled with people who have positive attitudes and can-do approaches?
Would you classify your prioritization, time management and follow up skills as top notch or superior?
Can you manage an office requiring multiple responsibilities with organization and efficiency?
If you’ve answered yes to any of the questions above, we have an office manager’s role that may interest you.
We at Cook Ross are seeking an experienced office manager to support our operational, reception, and administrative needs. This role reports directly to the Director of Finance This is a full-time role located in the downtown Silver Spring, MD area, located near all the local restaurants and venues. The person fulfilling this role will work closely with the director to present the right office aesthetics that embodies Cook Ross’ brand and values.
We are looking for someone who will take pride in representing our company as the office manager, performing expected duties that include:
- Managing office needs and day-to-day operations of the facility, ensuring that the office is maintained with the highest level of care and quality.
- Building relationships with vendors and negotiating the purchase of office supplies, furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions, while securing the best pricing and cost savings for the company.
- Overseeing the front desk, answering phones, and being the first to greet and accommodate clients/visitors.
- Supervising service providers when needed for office equipment maintenance.
- Managing our security, safety and parking efforts.
- Arbitrating with building management and maintenance to resolve issues quickly and with little disruption to Cook Ross and its team.
We believe the ideal and most qualified candidate capable of fulfilling the role will:
- Have two or more years of office management experience that includes the demonstration of business management, finance, and computer software competencies.
- Be an effective communicator, written and oral.
- Interact pleasantly and effectively with other team members and outside vendors, a team player
- Have strong computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other web-based applications needed to be successful in today’s office environment.
- Possess the skills and experiences required to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Complete projects timely and accurately with minimal supervision, showing the ability to be organized and effective.
- Pay attention to detail and can ask the right questions to get the required result.
- Be professional, flexible, adaptable, loyal, realistic, practical, and discreet.
- Maintain a customer service focus and outlook.
- Be a self-starter and able to work alone successfully.
Our employees are our greatest asset and we believe in and value our employees. We recognize that employees must work in an environment that supports their life goals. Therefore, we offer an attractive compensation package that includes:
- A competitive salary
- An attractive medical, dental, and vision plan, 80% employer paid.
- Contributions made to your health savings account
- 401K with a matching
- Nine paid holidays, including the last week of December off, company paid.
- Contributions to aid with transit and parking fees.
- Paid birthday off
- Paid volunteer hours off
- Charitable donation matching
- Profit-sharing into 401k
- A professional development stipend
- Great coffee, tea, and snacks
To learn more about Cook Ross, visit our website at www.cookross.com. If you are a qualified office manager and ready to work for a mission driven organization, we welcome you to apply for consideration