Marketing & Events Coordinator
Operations | Silver Spring, MD | Internship
What is Cook Ross? The ideal candidate would have done their own research. But in case you haven’t: Cook Ross Inc. is a fast-growing, Silver Spring based consulting firm whose mission is to provide powerful solutions to organizations around the world in the areas of diversity and inclusion, cultural competency, leadership development, and organizational change management. We are looking for diverse, intelligent, and interesting candidates capable of managing a multi-faceted workload in a timely manner. In other words, we want people who are mission-oriented, work hard, get results, and are interesting and enjoyable enough that we would want to see them every day.
Cook Ross seeks a collaborative, team oriented coordinator to join the marketing team with leadership responsibility for events. The ideal candidate may have worked in PR, as association events staff, political campaign staff, and/or in hospitality as well as have interacted with senior level clients. Additionally, strong communication skills that represent the company's values and clearly articulates an organization's mission is strongly preferred.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
· External event and conference management, including registration, logistics, and conference exhibit support.
· Seminar management for 3 and 4 day training programs presented on site and at remote locations across the year including registration, logistics and on-site management.
· Development of budgets and cost analysis for external events, conferences and all training seminars.
· Coordination of Cook Ross engagements via social media, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, including development of messages and posting to sites.
· Support for Cook Ross website including development of information and posting to the site.
· Support for the development, updating and implementation of Cook Ross’s marketing plans.
· Engagement with Cook Ross customers and partners across all event and marketing efforts.
· Demonstrated experience executing social media campaigns and communications across a variety of platforms.
· Demonstrated experience (minimum 1-3 years) in conference/event/meeting planning and execution.
· Demonstrated experience with Microsoft tools, including Access, Excel, and project management tools.
· Demonstrated experience and familiarity developing web content, preferably with WordPress and/or other web development platforms.
· Demonstrated customer service focus and proven ability to maintain and grow client relationships
· Sophisticated verbal and written communication skills with proven experience interacting with senior leaders
· Occasional travel required, typically 3-4 days in duration; flexibility in work start and end time, particularly around event days is a must
· Must be office-based in Silver Spring, Maryland
· Commitment to fostering an inclusive work environment