Learning & Innovation | Silver Spring, MD | Full Time
Would you like to put your instructional design, writing, collaboration, and planning skills to task? Are you good at creating content with all learners in mind, using experiential learning techniques? Can you develop assessment tools that measure learning outcomes?
If you’ve answered positively to any of the questions above, we have an exciting, challenging and rewarding role for you at Cook Ross.
We are in search of an instructional designer to develop innovative experiential learning opportunities that support individual and organizational transformation. This position involves partnering with colleagues and clients to design learning solutions including instructor-led training (ILT), virtual instructor-led training (v-ILT), e-Learning, interactive web-based training, performance support tools, and blended learning programs.
This role’s duties and responsibilities include:
- Working with subject matter experts, applying adult learning and instructional design principles to the development of course outlines, facilitator guides, participant guides, and storyboards.
- Developing quality assurance standards for core educational content and collateral.
- Developing systems and processes for learning evaluation and program evaluation.
- Supporting Solutions Architect to align content across learning modalities (ILT, vILT, eLearning, Performance Support Tools, etc.).
- Analyzing learner and organizational needs to develop clear and measurable learning objectives.
- As technology advances, making recommendations for new training and product solutions.
- Managing multiple projects and provide high quality and timely client service.
- In partnership with facilitators and consultants, facilitating rapid instructional design sessions with clients.
- Observing pilot deliveries and revising courses based on participant and client feedback
We believe the ideal and most qualified candidate capable of fulfilling the role will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design (or related field)
- Experience with the design and development of courses and collateral for ILT, v-ILT, and web-based learning
- 5+ years of experience in a learning and development function designing and developing across multiple delivery mechanisms
- 3+ years of experience in eLearning curriculum development and design (Articulate Storyline and Storyline 2 is preferred)
- The capabilities needed to design experiential learning programs for soft skills development – leadership, communications, emotional intelligence, diversity and inclusion, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing learning evaluation processes using the Kirkpatrick model.
- Strong skills working with the Microsoft Office Product Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups.
- Master’s degree in instructional design (or related field)
- Subject matter expertise in diversity and inclusion, leadership development, and/or cultural competence
- Experience with learning management systems
- Knowledge of emerging educational technologies
Our employees are our greatest asset and we believe in and value our employees. We recognize that employees must work in an environment that supports their life goals. Therefore, we offer an attractive compensation package that includes:
- A competitive salary
- An attractive medical, dental, and vision plan, 80% employer paid.
- Contributions made to your health savings account
- 401K with a matching
- Nine paid holidays, including the last week of December off, company paid.
- Contributions to aid with transit and parking fees.
- Paid birthday off
- Paid volunteer hours off
- Charitable donation matching
- Profit-sharing into 401K
- A professional development stipend
- Great coffee, tea, and snacks
To learn more about Cook Ross, visit our website at www.cookross.com. If you are a qualified instructional designer and ready to work for a mission driven organization,