Learning & Innovation | Silver Spring, MD | Full Time
Cook Ross Inc. is a Silver Spring, Maryland-based consulting firm specializing in diversity, inclusion, leadership development, and organizational change management. We are proud to have as our mission a commitment to transform the world to be more inclusive, one organization at a time.
Founded in 1989, Cook Ross has for many years provided powerful solutions through consulting, training, and online products to thousands of organizations across the United States and around the world. We are thought leaders and innovators in our field, having been internationally recognized for our research and work that explores the inherent human tendency toward bias, and how this consciously and unconsciously impact the way employees, vendors, and customers from different backgrounds all relate to each other.
Our company’s growth has been significant over the past six years having grown from 10 employees to more than 40.
Cook Ross is looking for an entry-level Instructional Designer to work in our Silver Spring office. The person in this role will partner with colleagues and clients to design learning solutions that include instructor-led trainings (ILT), virtual instructor-led trainings (vILT), performance support tools, and blended learning programs. This role is essential to our reputation and ability to provide high quality customer service to our clientele. Below are some of the responsibilities you can expect to perform:
Related to Client Delivery
- Customize courses for clients
- Make adjustments to course content (incorporating client specific information, selecting appropriate research studies, developing new activities, writing customized scenarios, etc.)
- Work with Cook Ross Instructional Designers and Solutions Architects to implement changes
- Work directly with client based on project scope
- Design and develop graphics and templates for course ware
- Develop PowerPoint decks, participant workbooks, and facilitator guides.
- Coordinate with graphic design vendors as needed.
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Client Services Associates to ensure timely completion
- Work with subject matter experts to develop and maintain core content.
- Support the team with new learning solutions development that align with adult learning principles and utilize experiential learning techniques.
Related to Quality Management
- Develop and maintain quality assurance standards for core educational content and collateral
- Ensure application of brand standards
- Manage the product maintenance process [ILTs and vILTs]
- Create schedule for product maintenance
- Collect and analyze feedback on products to inform design changes to course content
- Coordinate implementation of product maintenance tasks
- Organize and update course content (PowerPoint decks, participant workbooks, facilitator guides, and storyboards).
- 2+ years of instructional design experience
- Experience in graphic design for educational/training products
- Excellent organization skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign
Include a Work Sample of a PowerPoint Presentation related to a Training.
- Our employees are our greatest asset and we believe in and value our employees. We recognize that employees must work in an environment that supports their life goals. Therefore, we offer an attractive compensation package that includes:
- A competitive salary
- An attractive medical, dental, and vision plan, 75% employer paid.
- Contributions made to your health savings account
- 401(k) Contributions
- Nine paid holidays, including the last week of December off, company paid.
- Contributions to aid with transit and parking fees.
- Paid vacation and sick days away from work
- Paid personal time off
- Paid volunteer hours off
- Parking or public transportation stipend
- Charitable donation matching
- A professional development stipend
- Great coffee, tea, and snacks
- To learn more about Cook Ross, visit our website at www.cookross.com. If you match the criteria above and are ready to work for a fast-paced and mission driven organization, we invite you to share your interest by applying for the job.