Operations | Silver Spring, MD | Full Time and Part Time
What is Cook Ross? The ideal candidate would have done their own research. But in case you haven’t: Cook Ross Inc. is a fast-growing, Silver Spring based consulting firm whose mission is to provide powerful solutions to organizations in the areas of diversity and inclusion, cultural competency, leadership development, and organizational change management. We are looking for diverse, intelligent, and interesting candidates capable of managing a multi-faceted workload in a timely manner. In other words, we want people who are mission-oriented, work hard, get results, and are interested in transforming the world one organization at a time.
Reports to: Office Managing Partner
The HR Manager is responsible for full life cycle employee management to include: recruitment, onboarding, employee development, performance management, policy development and implementation, compensation and benefits strategy and administration, employee relations, employment law compliance and leadership support and counsel.
This position offers a high degree of independence and job variety and will require flexibility, business acumen and creativity. The HR Manager will need to design scaleable solutions for a growing company.
- Manage complete employment life cycle activities from employee sourcing all the way through termination and alumni relations, to include an updated recruitment process, orientation and onboarding program and clear performance feedback processes. Ensure talent management processes are inclusive.
- Provide counsel, recommendations and support to leadership team in managing performance, including coaching, counseling and partnership across the spectrum of employee performance
- Partner with leadership to design compensation strategy, manage annual compensation process teaming with leadership to develop solutions for different career paths and working with finance to manage payroll budget
- Manage benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSAs, life insurance, STD/LTD in accordance with policies
- Provide input to relevant company strategic initiatives, e.g.career architecture initiative, teaming with leadership and external consultants, defining growth and lateral opportunities and creating career development materials
- Manage employee relations issues, partnering with legal counsel and senior management as appropriate
- Maintain HR information and manage relevant employee processes in HRIS system, developing reports for senior leadership
- Conduct trainings as needed on topics such as Open Enrollment, Performance Feedback, Interviewing
- Maintain Employee Handbook and ensure consistent implementation of HR programs and company-wide policies, procedures and guidelines
- Act as co-sponsor for Cook Ross Engagement Team, developing and executing employee events
- All other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 - 5 + years HR generalist and recruiting experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written/verbal/presentation)
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of employment law, both state and federal
- Previous experience and demonstrated capability using HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Demonstrated independent thinking and business judgment, ability to apply knowledge and experience in solving complex challenges/making recommendations where no precedent may exist
- 2 to 3 years in a professional services / consulting organization
- SHRM qualifications or Masters in HR
- Professional, self-motivated, results oriented, flexible, compassionate
- Ability to operate at strategic and operational level, experience providing management reports
- Detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel on an ongoing basis
- Previous experience developing a strengths based performance culture
- Intermediate skill level using MS Office (Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook)