Client Services | Silver Spring, MD | Full Time
Cook Ross Inc. is a fast-growing, woman-owned, consulting firm whose mission is to provide powerful solutions to organizations around the world in the areas of diversity, inclusion, cultural competency, leadership development, and organizational change management. We are thought leaders and innovators in our field, developing solutions, which take a systems-based culture change approach to ensure lasting results. If you want to make a difference in the world then we want you.
Position: Engagement Manager
Reports To: Director, Consulting Services
Job Category: Full-Time, Exempt
Description: The Engagement Manager manages all aspects of client engagements and is responsible for ensuring that Cook Ross consistently exceeds expectations. This position requires the ability to manage large, complex and/or multiple accounts. Expectations include: superior implementation, delivery, and management of services and solutions. He or she is responsible for establishing executive relationships and leveraging those relationships to expand Cook Ross’ footprint.
- Represents Cook Ross at client meetings with a goal of increasing face time with key executives and decision makers.
- Determines assignment of Cook Ross consultants based on business objectives, expertise and availability.
- Manages Cook Ross’ performance and ensures that client business objectives are met.
- Oversees project planning, performance tracking, project coordination and communication.
- Ensures proper documentation and resolution for all scope or requirement change requests (formal or informal).
- Establishes self as a trusted advisor in recommending future enhancements and improvements to key client initiatives. Ensures that Cook Ross is involved as a long-term partner for the realization of the client's vision/objectives.
- Ensures project and engagement related performance assessments are completed in a timely fashion.
- Collaborates with the Business Development Managers and Practice Leads to expand project or phase of work ensuring continuity for both the client and Cook Ross.
- Collaborates with Marketing to capture relevant project details, develop case studies as appropriate, and secure client reference at project maturity.
- Encourages appropriate behavior for actions of all Cook Ross engagement personnel leading by example and promoting Cook Ross values.
- Encourages and supports employee participation in company-sponsored initiatives such as Training, Recruiting, and Thought Leadership.
- 3+ years as a program/project/engagement manager for non-profit or mission-driven organization.
- Ability to manage multiple short and long-term engagements through all project life cycles.
- Excellent client communication, written and verbal skills.
- Ability to create and present client proposals for project work.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.