Director, Marketing and Communications
Strategy | Silver Spring, MD | Full Time
Cook Ross Inc. is a Silver Spring, Maryland-based consulting firm specializing in diversity, inclusion, leadership development, and organizational change management. We are proud to have as our mission a commitment to transform the world to be more inclusive, one organization at a time.
Founded in 1989, Cook Ross has for many years provided powerful solutions through consulting, training, and online products to thousands of organizations across the United States and around the world. We are thought leaders and innovators in our field, having been internationally recognized for our research and work that explores the inherent human tendency toward bias, and how this consciously and unconsciously impact the way employees, vendors, and customers from different backgrounds all relate to each other.
Our company’s growth has been significant over the past six years having grown from 10 employees to more than 40, tripling our revenue, and creating even greater impact for our clients. The successful candidate will have a track record of providing leadership and direction to help carry out an organization’s vision through communications, marketing, and client engagement.
- Develop, implement and evaluate overall communications strategy and plan for the organization
- Generate content that engages audiences, including brochures, web content, op-ed pieces, blog posts, featured stories, and client case studies
- Build greater brand visibility for the company, the CEO, Team Leaders, and Consultants
- Create and execute strategic internal communications plans that better connect our team to each other and to the work we do with our clients and within our community
- Collaborate with the executive team, HR, and Center of Excellence to develop strategies to effectively communicate change management, technology and product roll outs, and policy and process changes that impact team members
- Advise people leaders on how to best improve communications within their departments and across teams for optimal organizational performance and in alignment with our company culture and values
- Develop and oversee media strategy working with the executive team and lead organizational messaging efforts
- Handle all media inquiries for the organization as well as provide media crisis management support for our clients
- Identify and secure media and public speaking opportunities for our team members
- Assist in the planning and managing of special events that include our clients, external partners, and community
- Identify and cultivate new opportunities to leverage and amplify the work we do with our client
- Monitor and stay abreast of current events especially on issues of diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility
- Establish reports & analytics to share with team regarding the effectiveness of all communications and marketing efforts
- 6+ years professional work experience in a marketing communications, public relations, or journalism positions
- Strong relationships (extensive network) with media contacts, both locally and nationally
- Degree in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations or related field preferred
- Demonstrated media fluency and expertise
- Superior writing and journalistic skills (ask for samples)
- Strong social media presence preferred
Work Sample(s) Needed: Please submit writing samples, communication plans, and/or videos to support your skills and work experience.
- Our employees are our greatest asset and we believe in and value our employees. We recognize that employees must work in an environment that supports their life goals. Therefore, we offer an attractive compensation package that includes:
- A competitive salary
- An attractive medical, dental, and vision plan, 75% employer paid.
- Contributions made to your health savings account
- 401(k) Contributions
- Nine paid holidays, including the last week of December off, company paid.
- Contributions to aid with transit and parking fees.
- Paid vacation and sick days away from work
- Paid personal time off
- Paid volunteer hours off
- Parking or public transportation stipend
- Charitable donation matching
- A professional development stipend
- Great coffee, tea, and snacks
To learn more about Cook Ross, visit our website at www.cookross.com. If you match the criteria above and are ready to work for a fast-paced and mission driven organization, we invite you to share your interest by applying for the job.