Customer Success Manager
Business Development | Silver Spring, MD | Full Time
Cook Ross Inc. is a Silver Spring, Maryland-based consulting firm specializing in diversity, inclusion, leadership development, and organizational change management. We are proud to have as our mission a commitment to transform the world to be more inclusive, one organization at a time.
Founded in 1989, Cook Ross has for many years provided powerful solutions through consulting, training, and online products to thousands of organizations across the United States and around the world. We are thought leaders and innovators in our field, having been internationally recognized for our research and work that explores the inherent human tendency toward bias, and how this consciously and unconsciously impact the way employees, vendors, and customers from different backgrounds all relate to each other.
Our company’s growth has been significant over the past six years having grown from 10 employees to more than 40. Cook Ross is looking for a Customer Success Manager who will demonstrate the dedication needed to help continue the growth pattern. As the first point of customer contact, the Customer Success Manager will be responsible for increasing the opportunity for customer success with Cook Ross. It leads the intake process for new clients and ensures optimal client experience through the sales cycle, managing expectations through contracting and ensuring smooth transitions to our Client Services team. The person in this role will manage clients requiring certain solutions, such as keynote speakers or a one day training session. This role is essential our reputation and ability to continue our commitment to provide high quality customer service.
Increase the opportunity for customer success by leading the customer intake process including: qualifying and distributing opportunities, collaborating across departments and managing customer expectations to ensure high client satisfaction through the sales process, specifically
- Serve as the initial point person for all inbound customer inquiries, routing to team members for development and close based on predetermined criteria
- Act as lead business development person for clients across industry and need, including a significant focus on responses to inbound requests of proposal development (RFP) and requests for information (RFI).
- Provide support to other departments on proposal writing and sales presentations at customer sites , when possible
Measure effectiveness of customer solutions and drive sales process improvements, such as
- Work with internal teams on activities to measure our customer satisfaction throughout the intake process.
- Assist the Director of Business Development in pipeline management, specifically weekly monitoring of client status across the Business Development team, weekly reporting to organizational leadership regarding pipeline and providing reporting on sales trends.
- Identify and implement processes or policies to optimize the customer sales experience
- Demonstrated experience (2-3 years) conducting sales conversations with potential and new customers and have had success converting them to contracts, including excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong active-listening skills and experience interacting with senior level clients your team in a collaborative environment
- Experience in a sales or customer-service (strong phone presence, multiple daily intake calls focused capacity is a plus, as is experience managing a sales pipeline and the related key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Demonstrated project management skills, detail oriented, responsive and accurate in creating and preparing contracts, reports and managing data
- Proficiency in MS Office and Salesforce
Our employees are our greatest asset and we believe in and value our employees. We recognize that employees must work in an environment that supports their life goals. Therefore, we offer an attractive compensation package that includes:
- A competitive salary
- An attractive medical, dental, and vision plan, 80% employer paid.
- Contributions made to your health savings account
- 401K with a matching
- Nine paid holidays, including the last week of December off, company paid.
- Contributions to aid with transit and parking fees.
- Paid birthday off
- Paid volunteer hours off
- Charitable donation matching
- A professional development stipend
- Great coffee, tea, and snacks
To learn more about Cook Ross, visit our website at www.cookross.com. If you match the criteria above and are ready to work for a fast-paced and mission driven organization, we invite you to share your interest by applying for the job.