Client Engagement | Silver Spring, MD | Full Time
Cook Ross Inc. is a Silver Spring, Maryland-based consulting firm that proudly has as its mission a commitment to transform the world to be more inclusive, one organization at a time. We are industry known thought leaders and innovators, having been internationally recognized for our research and work that explores the inherent human tendency toward bias, and how this consciously and unconsciously impact the way employees, vendors, and customers from different backgrounds all relate to each other.
Our partner clients include Fortune 100 corporations, U.S. and global healthcare companies, public and private universities and colleges, federal and state agencies, non-profits and foundations, as well as fast-growth specialized firms that are creating extraordinary breakthroughs in their industries. Every day we work with our partner clients to solve the most complex and challenging issues they are facing today – whether it be disrupting bias, driving inclusive leadership, large-scale culture change initiatives, talent management, coaching and mentoring programs, and designing custom and market-ready e-Learning and support products that support an organization’s entire learning ecosystem.
Our company’s growth has been significant over the past six years having grown to be 40 full time employees in addition to a full bench of consultant partners geographically dispersed around the world. To further support our growth plans, Cook Ross is seeking a Consultant to add to our Client Engagement team to grow and expand our reach with existing and new clients seeking greater inclusion and equity in their organizations. The individual in this role will partner with other team members to meet client needs involving training, consultation and facilitation. This individual will also provide clients guidance to address their needs and expand our impact across organizations within the marketplace.
The purpose of the Consultant is to serve as a practitioner who’s knowledgeable in diversity and inclusion and organization development practices. In addition, this role interacts to deliver various client-facing services as assigned. This role is responsible for understanding the client’s needs, preparing and providing solutions for clients. The Consultant acts as a subject matter expert, contributes to or writes thought papers and new organizational ideas.
Consulting services and deliveries
- Deliver training and consulting services in accordance with established project plans, including in-person and virtual learning experiences, training delivery and qualitative or quantitative organizational assessments
- Apply consulting methods, tools, strategies and frameworks needed to meet demands of projects
- Supports organizational assessments process, leads strategy planning and labs to design and recommend appropriate client strategies and solutions, including attending project meetings and building client relationships
- Designs, delivers and leads development of collateral and deliverables (i.e., current state assessments, strategy, change and communications plan, strategy lab, learning and training course ware delivery)
- Supports the Learning and Innovation team in the design and development of products and services for assigned clients
- Collaborates with the Lines of Business (LoB) leaders, Project Managers and Project Consultants to define client requirements, project scope, execute and close-out of the project plans
- Monitors client opportunities, assignments and calendar to ensure individual capacity is optimized, performance and client goals are met
- Identifies challenges and seeks guidance to ensure effective client delivery and resource management
Business Development Initiatives
- Manages the client experience through the stages of the Client Life Cycle
- Contributes to the scoping, development and maintenance of business proposals, integrated account plans for assigned clients, under the direction of the Lead Consultant or in partnership with the Project Consultant
- Ensures the documentation of accurate data for assigned clients on internal reporting systems, to establish an understanding of the client relationship and establish knowledge management practices
- Writes or contributes to thought papers, blog posts, client case studies, and other products that position the organization as a thought leader in our industry
- Presents at conferences, meetings, and other events
- Actively leads and executes personal performance (KPIs) and career development (plan) goals
- Actively extends empathy, assists in solving project problems and gives or accepts colleague feedback
A successful candidate for the Consultant level role at Cook Ross will have the following characteristics:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years as a trainer and facilitator working with diverse groups of participants at all levels of the organization and across different organizational functions.
- Proven record of accomplishment in the creation, delivery and management of organizational development practices, inclusion, equity, accessibility and cultural competency training programs and resources
- Ability to research, identify & implement proven practices of diversity & inclusion
- Consulting experience, preferably in a high-growth or change management environment
- Demonstrated ability to scope and develop client solutions to secure business
- Strong proposal writing and proposal management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of account planning and client relationship management
- Independent and self-directed individual with an entrepreneurial mindset and desire to strategically grow client work
- Working knowledge of change management and strategic HR systems and processes
- Strong organization, project management skills and proven accountability in managing deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and collaborate to achieve results
- Ability to influence, motivate and coach others to work collaboratively and effectively, including virtually
- Excellent negotiation, conflict management, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience speaking in front of large audiences as well across all levels of an organization
- Proficient in MS Office programs, PowerPoint, Word and other Microsoft Suite programs;
- Familiarity with Sales Force Platform desirable.
Our employees are our greatest asset and we believe in and value them. We recognize that employees must work in an environment that supports their life goals. Therefore, we offer an attractive total compensation package that includes:
- A competitive salary
- An attractive medical, dental, and vision plan, 75% employer paid.
- Contributions made to a health savings account
- 401(k) Contributions
- Nine paid holidays, including the week between December 24 and January 1, company paid
- Contributions to aid with transit and parking fees
- Paid vacation and sick days away from work
- Paid personal time off
- Paid volunteer hours off
- Charitable donation matching
- A professional development stipend
To learn more about Cook Ross, visit our website at www.cookross.com. If you match the criteria above and are ready to work for a fast-paced and mission driven organization, we invite you to share your interest by applying for the job.